Openbravo 3.0 MP16 available
Release date: October 10th, 2012
Module version: 3.0.18129
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Improvements in the bank account information definition in the Financial Account and Business Partner windows: Bank Account section of the Financial account is unified with the Bank Account tab of the Business Partner window exposing fields that allow entry of the account in the international format. There is a new field called Bank Account Format where a user can set the preferred method for generating the Displayed Account Number, which is later on used by other reports or processes to get the account identifier. This list can be later on extended by other modules that add more bank account formats, like for example country-specific formats with bank account number validation.
- Read only exchange rate and amount: The ability of not allowing to edit the exchange rate and the amount is defined by preferences. Sponsored by Halsteds Brothers
- Write-off limit: Ability to define a write-off limit by amount per financial account. Sponsored by Halsteds Brothers
- Enhacements in Asset Management: Depreciation flag in asset group: Now depreciation can be indicated in asset group.
- Enhacements in Asset Management: Static assets in tree: An asset can be defined as static, preventing from moving it into the asset tree.
- 21446: "Deposit" transactions wrongly created.
- 19252: "Fixed Asset" field located in the "Accounting" tab of the Product window must be renamed to "Product Asset".
- 21312:When reactivating a payment, it is not possible to delete all the lines.
- 21532: Line net amount not updating properly in Oracle.
- 21566: Wrong update of the tax amount line when completes an invoice and the Price List is set as as Price includes Tax.
- 21523: Wrong update of the tax amount line when completes an invoice.
- 21671: The user can change the organization when the invoice has lines.
- 21686: Wrong "Paid Out" amount after reactivate a Payment In the invoice has lines.
- 21746: In Sales Invoice Payment Plan window, field "days overdue" is incorrect.
- 21764: Wrong records appear when processing several invoices.
- 21371: Cannot write-off a whole payment.
- 21589: Costing Migration fails if product has transactions in different uoms or attribute set.
- 21639: Product selector in purchase order takes a long time to load the data.
- 21640: Wrong MatchInvoice posting when invoice is in foreign currency.
- 21459: Allows to create an Invoice from an Order for an Organization that belongs to a different Legal Entity.
- 21679: The Acct Server process does not post reconciliations.
- 20872: Bad behaviour when using the context menu in child tabs.
- 21259: export.sample.data/export-client fails with ad_ref_data* having rows pointing to no longer installed module.
- 21420: CTRL+O shortcut does not consistently work.
- 21470: operators 'Starts with' and 'contains' do not work properly in Suggestion box and in Popup window.
- 21645: In Pick and Execute, launch validation on Focus change event.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- New version of the Modelo 303: Spanish VAT tax report needs to be delivered to comply with the new VAT rates. Same module version will work for OB3, OB 2.50 with APRM and OB 2.5 without APRM
- New version of the Modelo 349: Spanish VAT tax report needs to be delivered to comply with the new VAT rates. Same module version will work for OB3, OB 2.50 with APRM and OB 2.5 without APRM
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 MP16 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update Openbravo 3, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.