Openbravo 3.0 MP17 available
Release date: November 15th, 2012
Module version: 3.0.18521
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Improve build time: Reduce build time by not generating unneeded 2.50 generated windows
- Advanced filter for DropDown list references: DropDown lists can be filtered by selecting multiple of the available values. When multiple values are selected all records matching any of them are shown in the grid. Sponsored by Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas
- Grouping and totals in grid: Records in grid can be grouped by a certain value/column. Sponsored by Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas
- Summary functions in grid: The grid allows you to set summary functions for a column. These summary values are shown in a separate row in the bottom of the grid. The summary functions are executed on the server so they operate on the complete dataset which fits into the current filter. Sponsored by Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas
- Improve output format of the Trial Balance report: Trial Balance Report need to be revisited to improve output format. Current formats are not optimized which leads into a problem when printing large amounts of data. As well some of the current filters will be hidden in a collapsible section to make them easier to use for the end user.
- Improve output format of the Journal Entries report: General Ledger Journal Report (renamed to Journal Entries Report) need to be revisited to improve output format. Current formats are not optimized which leads into a problem when printing large amounts of data. As well some of the current filters will be hidden in a collapsible section to make them easier to use for the end user.
- New accounts should automatically be added to the most logical place in the account tree : When creating an account, system will automatically place it in its proper place in the account tree. This feature will just be enabled for accounts which search key is a number.
- The account selector revised to Openbravo 3: Existing valid combination selector is complex. The name of the account is not present once a valid combination is fulfilled and that kills the user experience. In this project a new selector for valid combination will be provided so that it maps accounts. When creating an account, system will also create the related valid combination, so the full concept of valid combination and its complexity will be hidden to the end user.
- Accrual and deferrals plans for products: Include an Accruals & Deferrals plan in the Product window so that Invoices use it to modify invoice accounting to book revenue / expense in different periods
- Rename Accounting Schema as General Ledger: Accounting Schema term is not self explanatory. It should be renamed to General Ledger. Multi-accounting schema is an advanced feature that as well should be at first hidden. An additional property will be added to organization which will allow Accounting schema tab of that window to be hidden by default
- Prepayments against Invoices: Accounting of payments: When a payment is done against an invoice but in a date prior to invoice accounting date it should book things as a prepayment
- Optimization. Improve Matching algorithm to set up rules for GL Items transactions recognition: Current Advance Matching algorithm does not support GL Items Transaction recognition. When most of the imported bank statement lines are matched against GL Item transactions, current logic provided by this module is not helpful enough. By adding some parsing rules for the description of a bank statement after being imported, the algorithm could provide much more value doing automatic creation of transactions in the financial account.
- Show supplier reference number: Ability to show the supplier reference in some manual windows. Sponsored by Goldbuyers and Cleardrop
- Price including taxes. Phase 2: Price including taxes feature lets you define prices including taxes in a price list. This is a critical functionality, especially in the retail industry, where prices ( include taxes) needs to be published. Contributed by Promantia
- Advanced Pricing - Discounts and Promotions: Ability to define Discounts and Promotions. This functionality extends existent Price Adjustments by enabling external modules to provide new rules for discounts and promotions. Sponsored by Cleardrop
- Store - Warehouse setup & rules (relationship between store and Warehouses): Ability to define on hand warehouses & a rule for each store. Sponsored by Halsteds Brothers and Agility ERP
- Management of Quotations: Quotation should be a separate document with a separate document type and numbering. When converted to a Sales Order it should persist in the system (the quotation should not be over written). Sponsored by Halsteds Brothers
- 21697: Filtering columns behaviour is not consistent for dates and prices.
- 21810: The times are incorrectly exported when exporting the grid to csv.
- 21905: You can't go back prior to 1995 when using the date picker.
- 21863: If a field is set to be displayed in grid but not in form view, if it is part of a field group it will be shown in the form view.
- 21910: 'Show all' link of widgets only shows 76 registries.
- 22094: API Change - DueDate in payment schedule table was not mandatory and it should be.
- 21800: Not convertible(no rate) error during posting eventhough conversion rate available in exchange rate tab fixed.
- 22181: Added document name when Journal Entries Report opens when post.
- 21957: Fixed Issue in Costing Migration Process.
- 21923: When the "net unit price" is changed or "gross unit price" the discount should change and the base unit price and gross.
- 21909: ModuleScript UpdateRecordID2Value performance fixed.
- 22213: When booking prepayment against order it behaves as prepayment against invoice.
- 21777: role without permission for a new organization in some circumstances.
- 21782: Http0 error obtained in manual Reconcile process.
- 21682: If you change the name of an account, the Report General Ledger appears disordered.
- 21756: Invoice link not working properly in payment report.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Advanced Pricing -Discounts and Promotions Rules: This module implements some rules for discounts and promotions, such as "buy X products and pay Y", "fixed percentage discount", etc. It is included in the Retail distribution. Sponsored by Cleardrop
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 MP17 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update Openbravo 3, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.