Openbravo 3.0 MP2 available
Release date: August 16th, 2011
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Window personalization makes it possible with a drag-and-drop and contextual fields menus directly from the form itself modify the layout of any Openbravo window. Now each user of Openbravo can have its own ERP configured exactly the way she prefers it to be.
- Now you can Log in to application using your Google Account.
- Widgets in Windows functionality allows to put your favorite widgets to standard Openbravo tabs and interact with tabs by reading information from them. Add new "colors" (graphs, maps, have other ideas?) to Openbravo windows.
- Image Reference is now supported in new windows in Openbravo 3. More information can be found here.
- Exchange rate at document level adds possibility to companies working in multi-currency environments override at documents level (for example, at purchase or sales invoice) central conversion rate defined at system level.
- 17898: You can now add dimensions to accounting entries created in G/L Journal (at lines).
- Receivables and Payables management gained multiple and great improvements with this MP:
- 17890: Ability to split a bank statement line while matching transactions.
- 17894: Ability to add payments mixing invoices, orders and GL Items.
- 17895: New Accounting History tab of the transaction in the Financial Account window.
- 17897: Ability to add accounting dimensions to a transaction of type GL Item.
- 17577: Financial Account currency field/information must be included in both "Add Payment IN" & "Add Payment Out" windows.
- 18065: After the cleanup project, the window Production Management || Transactions || Periodic Quality Control Data has been deleted
- 17447: When you accounted a invoice don't appear the correct information in the audit tab
- 17646: The Payment Report does not show data properly
- 17749: The date of the matched invoice doesn't update correctly
- 17767: General ledge report is not showing correctly the information
- 17787: Report trial balance, other accounts are displayed when the level account selected is "subaccount"
- 17797: Payment Report: wrong subtotal amounts by status
- 18200: Match using imported bank statement lines pop-up when closing it reloads Financial Account window
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space.
- If you have the Legacy features no longer available in Core version 1.0.1 module installed when upgrading to 3.0MP2 you must install the update available (version 1.0.2) of Legacy features no longer available in Core module.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 MP2 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
There is a vast array of modules that extent the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.