Openbravo 3.0MP2.3 available
Release date: September 29th, 2011
|This is an emergency update which addresses a critical issue related to accounting in the MP2.x releases series (MP2, MP2.1 and MP2.2). In the Fixed issues section you can find related tickets in the Openbravo bug tracking system.
Most heavily this defect affects Openbravo instances operating in a multi-currency mode (transactions and accounting schema are in a different currencies or any multi-accounting schema configuration). Due to it posting of some transactions to general ledger for multi-currency instances can be wrong.
In order to verify and fix the situation in your instance after installation of this MP please follow these steps:
The full 3.0MP2 Release Notes may be found here. Release notes for the two previous 3.0MP2.1 and 3.0MP2.2 can be found here and here.
Note that this update does contain one API change as listed here.
- 18519: Wrong behaviour when add a payment with another currency rate
- 18441: Exchange rate at doc level should be in sync with Add payment in/out exchange rate
- 18540: Amortizations can not be posted
- 18546: Error - Process Failed during execution
- 18362: Error when posting transaction associated to a payment with line referencing GLItem
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space.
- If you have the Legacy features no longer available in Core version 1.0.1 module installed when upgrading to 3.0MP2 you must install the update available (version 1.0.2) of Legacy features no longer available in Core module.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 MP2 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
|3.0MP2.3 has been published in the QA Approved maturity level and it will reach the Confirmed Stable level in 7 days. Depending on your updates configuration you will or not have an access to this update. Read more about this feature and configure your Openbravo instance according to your needs.|
There is a vast array of modules that extent the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.