Openbravo 3.0 MP20 available
Release date: February 19th, 2013
Module version: 3.0.19641
|Temporary Openbravo appliances are not available so MP20 does not contain them. New appliances will be released starting from MP21 (mid-March). Meanwhile please use 3.0MP19.3 appliances and update them to 3.0MP20 following standard update process.|
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Standard UI Process Definition. Parameter Windows. Phase I: New UI pattern defined in the AD that generates dialog that requests user to enter parameters of a process / report. It makes use of SmartClient references for parameters aiming to be a replacement of the existing generated UI Process and Reports which still uses Openbravo 2.50 style forcing to generate code through WAD.
- Masked Inputs: Ability to define fields that require entering text/string values in the correct format
- Rich Text: Ability to add a rich text field (that supports text formatting) to Openbravo
- Process Definition. Configurable after-execution Actions: New capability of the Process Definition process to execute different actions after completion (such as open a new window, display message, etc). It is extensible by modules, being possible them to define new actions.
- Multiple Selector Reference: New reference based on Selector, that allows user to select multiple items from a list. To be used within Standard UI Process Definitions
- Background Process Execution Context: In case an instance has background processes that are very demanding java resources, Openbravo can be deployed in a configuration with two Tomcat contexts pointing to the same database. One of these contexts is used for regular operations whereas the other one is used solely to execute background processes.
- Doubtful Debts: Adds support for doubtful debts management. When a doubtful debt is recognized a provision is booked in the ledger. The provision is cancelled if the debt is satisfied.
- Accounting Tabs for Transactions: New Accounting tab in transactional data windows that displays accounting information. This functionality was available in a Commercial module that now is no longer required as this feature is embeded in the core.
- Authorised Openbravo Backend Access: Security configuration option (at role level) that allows to revoke access to the backend for corresponding users (by default access to the backend is granted). It for example enables to have Web POS users that do not have access to Openbravo backend.
- 22123: UI looses focus when entering filter in grid mode.
- 22423: Wrong focus after CTRL+D keyboard shortcut.
- 22521: In Pick&Execute windows the selection is removed when sorting the columns.
- 22522: In Pick&Execute windows a removed selection appears when sorting the columns.
- 22644: It possible to restrict a role from accessing the backend.
- 19567: Not grouped Transaction accounting entry when order amount is higher than invoice amount.
- 23007: When Posting a Document through the Background Process, it creates a wrong entry.
- 22716: Balance sheet shows wrong data.
- 22663: Not possible to import statement with "older" date.
- 22358: Not able to create payment document using Add Payment option from sales invoice for Zero Amount.
- 22627: The Locator selector of Create Lines From shows wrong Storage bins.
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- IDL for Projects: Ability to import projects
- New version of Modelo 347 (Annual tax return operations with third parties).: Includes 2012 fiscal year requirements related to new VAT and RE rates valid from September 1st, 2012. Last submission date is February 28th, 2013.
- Check Printing Enhancement: New version of the module which supports voiding checks once they have been printed and extensible number to text functions for different languages.
- Remittance: New version of the module which allows to include in the remittance payments in the status "Payment Received". This is required to complete the support of promisory notes flow.
- Number to Word Infrastructure: Module which deploys an infraestructure to define Number to Word conversion modules so that different logics for different languages can be deployed
- Number to Word (English): English language module for number to word conversion. Translates number to words in english
- Number to Word (Spanish): Spanish language module for number to word conversion. Translates number to words in spanish language
- New version of the SPLP: Includes Check Printing and Number to Words modules
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 MP20 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update Openbravo 3, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
|All the maintenance packs are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status in 40 days. It is possible to check the maturity status of this maintenance pack in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.