Openbravo 3.0 MP27 available
Release date: September 18th, 2013
Module version: 3.0.21083
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Products characteristics: Attributes that can be added to the product to extend its definition. Examples of characteristics are variants like Size, Color or non-variant characteristic like Fashion Line: Women, Men. These characteristics can modify price of the product and be used later to filter or search products.
- Enhanced email templates: Support more variables (tags) when sending emails.
- Properties definition in DAL webservices: Allows to define a subset of properties to be retreived from the XML web services. In this way the time to compute the webservice is faster and the size of the data sent is smaller.
- Lazy Computed Columns calculation: Calculation of the computed columns is done when needed instead of when record is retrieved from the database.
- Review of indexes: Review and add missing common database indexes.
- 24506: Performance problem when importing bank statements.
- 24533: Improve performance of translation import
- 24566: Grid summary description text is wrong.
- 24574: Filter is not working fine in some special cases.
- 24386: Payment generated when voiding an unpaid invoice when Payment Method configured as Automatic.
- 24362: When voiding an invoice, Invoice Tax Date is wrongly set to today date.
- 24432: DocMatchInv should take into account the information of m_costing for non stockable products.
- 24385: Manual discounts are not properly applied in certain cases.
- 24059: Users can not add transactions in financial account if the role does not have access to organization window.
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Products Catalog: Ability to create and maintain catalog of products.
- IDL for variants: Ability to import products with characteristics.
- New version of the Invoice Payment Report: Displays Ending Balance.
- Spanish Taxes: New dataset to include new tax rates.
- 303 Tax Form changes: Due to the new tax rates included in the Spanish Taxes dataset. To be submitted 20 Sep 2013 the latest.
- Configuracion Libro de Facturas 2012 changes: Due to the new tax rates included in the Spanish Taxes dataset. This module directly impacts the submission of the 340 Tax Form. To be submitted 20 September 2013 the latest.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 MP27 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
|Starting with 3.0MP21 version the Openbravo Appliance is based on the Ubuntu Server operating system.|
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update Openbravo 3, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
|All the maintenance packs are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status in 40 days. It is possible to check the maturity status of this maintenance pack in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.