Openbravo 3.0 MP5 available
Release date: November 12th, 2011
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Images can now be resized automatically: The size of the images uploaded by the user can now be enforced, and even more, the images can now be automatically resized by the system to a specified size or ratio
- Support and/or and default operator logic in text fields: A string of the form "east or west" can now be used to filter records in the system which contain either the "east" or "west" words
- Extend grid linking to include filter settings: The link created in the link popup has been extended with the filter criteria so that also filters can be shared
- APRM Payment Monitor Process: Advanced Payables and Receivables "Payment Monitor" background process now updates properly paid and outstanding amounts.
- Move the focus back to header after executing a process Usually users want to continue creating another header after having completed a document, so from now on, the focus will return to the header after a process is executed.
- 18769: Not possible to work with more than 3 decimals in Openbravo3 prices.
- 18601: When you filter something by putting information on date popup you can not export to spreadsheet
- 17781: Status bar: Fields that were links in the form, when moving to status bar lose that capacity
- 17795: Not Posted Transaction Report does not take into account the new Advanced Payables and Receivables documents that generates accounting
- 17829: Multicurrency - Wrong exchange rate used in the payment in window in case of adding an exchange rate such as 1,5 while adding a payment from an invoice.
- 18165: Reconciliation tab in financial account doesn't work due to performance issues.
- 18276: Due amount on invoices is not properly initialized when there is an expected payment with a due date in the past.
- 18671: It is not possible to add a multicurrency transaction in a financial account, in case of Oracle database enviroment.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions and Tools.
During this maintenance release following modules were created / updated:
- Accounting Alerts for Openbravo 3.0, version 3.0.3: adds Accounting Alerts for Openbravo 3 financial documents - payments, financial account transactions, bank statements, reconciliations.
- Cash Flow Forecast Report for Openbravo 3, version 1.0.0: is now available for Openbravo 3.
- Invoice Register Book, version 1.2.10: supports new Reversed type documents: Reversed Purchase Invoices and Reversed Sales Invoices.
- Spanish Taxes, version 1.2.39: includes "Bienes de Inversión" related VAT Tax Rates.
- Spanish Professional Localization Pack for 3.0, version 3.7.0: new version of the pack includes Spanish Cuadernos: Cuaderno 34, 19 and 58
- 340 Tax Report, version 1.0.5: 340 Tax Report is now available (it is Spanish VAT report).
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3 please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 MP5 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.