Openbravo 3.0 MP6 available
Release date: December 12th, 2011
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Pick&Execute pattern: P&E aims to replace all process popups with a generic design pattern. The essence of P&E lies in reusing objects that are picked from a larger collection. Sometimes this collection needs to be filtered in steps while picked objects need to be kept. Sometimes the picked objects need to be edited. The final set is eventually submitted as a process and adds or replaces existing sets.
- GL items replacement: It should be possible to replace GL items as well as its corresponding dimensions in "GL Item" transaction types, after being reconcilied.
- Credit payment and invoice payment matching: Make a relationship between the credit payment (the one reconciled) and the later on created invoice payment
- Payment Report Improvements: Some additional info such as BP balance needs to be added to payment report.
- Return of Materials: Return of Materials feature includes two different flows:
- RMC: Return material from customer. This flow manages customer returns orders, the physical inbound of returned materials and the financial settlement for customer refunds
- RMV: Return material to vendor. This flow manages vendor returns orders, the physical outbound of returned materials and the financial settlement for vendor refunds
- Please click here to see how to apply new document types required for this new feature
- 7621: Currency selector on Price list window should show full currencies name, not only ISO code
- 16885: Lost functionality: cannot view element details from tree
- 18765: AND and OR logic does not work in column filter expressions
- 19091: "Scan for updates" in "Module Management" window doesn't work in IE
- 19130: Refresh button has incorrect side effect of clearing column filters / current saved view
- 18940: Reconciliation posting does not properly work, it shows error "This record is being posted by another process".
- 19191: Bank Statement Import does not find the Business partner information from previous bank statement files.
- 19218: Invoices awaiting payment are not displayed When filtering in the payment report.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extent the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 MPX release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.