Openbravo 3.0 MP8 available
Release date: February 22nd, 2012
Module version: 3.0.15300
Check out what's new, the fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Payment Report Improvements (PHASE II): Some additional info will be included when exporting to excel, such as payment method, payment date...
- APRM enhancements: Add payment details: Add payment details form should display the information grouped by invoice or order depending on filtering criteria
- 17395: Read Only Logic for columns is applied incorrectly.
- 19340: In Sales Invoice Dimensional Report window the process to print the report fails.
- 19385: Payment Report does not work well with Credit Payments.
- 19422: Grid personalization not stored
- 19440: Fields in status bar are not displayed correctly if they are not mandatory or have a default value
- 19463: Read Only Logic for columns is applied incorrectly
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM. We plan to review and solve this issue in the following weeks.
- Not all the modules available for 2.50 are available with 3.0 but significant portion is. Openbravo plans to make 100% of its modules available for 3.0 in the coming months. The availability of third party modules is outside of Openbravo's control.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
There is a vast array of modules that extent the functionality of Openbravo 3. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created:
- Dunning: Definition of different statuses in dunning cycle and events to trigger when getting a specific status or when transition from a given status to another given status. Warning for new documents when the BP is in dunning cycle in any of the expected payments. Process which triggers notifications both for OB users (alerts) and BP (email)
- Payment Aging Balance Report: Report which displays the expected incomes or payments in a user defined range of dates.
- Check Printing: Ability to print checks (individually or by batches) in an automated manner and to browse historical data in order to print a check again if required. It also provides an easy way for other modules to implement different check printing formats.
During this release following modules were updated:
- AEAT Modelo 347, as part of the Spanish Localization Pack. This version of the tax report supports new legal requirements of Spanish authorities and is now compatible with Openbravo 3.
- AEAT Modelo 340, as part of the Spanish Localization Pack. This version of the tax report supports new legal requirements of Spanish authorities.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo 3 System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download Openbravo 3, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it's easier for you to test this 3.0 MP8 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install Openbravo 3, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update Openbravo 3, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.