Openbravo ERP Platform 3.0 PR14Q2 available
Release date: May 7th, 2014
Module version: 3.0.22845
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- List Reference support in Parameter Windows: List Reference is supported in Parameter Windows so parameters using this reference can be used in generated UI.
- Parameter Windows can display results in the same window: Results obtained after executing a process invoked from a Parameter Window, can now be shown directly in the Parameter Window itself.
- Restricted access to Web Services: Web services access can be restricted per role.
- JSLint hook for non core modules: Added JSLint script to be run as mercurial hook to check modules that are not part of Openbravo 3.0 distribution.
- SmartClient upgrade: Upgrade to the SmartClient 10.0d
- Sortable tabs: Tab position in workspace can be changed by drag and drop.
- Absolute time reference: New date&time reference that allows to persist absolute client time without doing timezone conversion
- Tree Extension: Improved tree functionality (sponsored through Agility ERP):
- Allow external modules to define tree tables without changing the core module.
- Change the UI of the tree windows, so that it uses smartclient instead of a manual popup.
- Create a new reference that takes advantage of the hierarchical data of the tree tables.
- Allow to define custom trees that do not match the two current default tree structures (ADTreeNode and LinkToParent).
- Required Process Privileges: Capability to define processes to be executed from windows to require explicit permissions instead of inheriting them from window regardless "Secured Process" preference.
- Balance Sheet Refactor: Adds support for special characters (for example, needed for Arabic language) in this report. It requires a change from FOP to Jasper
- Invoice Paid Status Control: Enhance system to provide a configuration option to be able to decide which status for each payment determines an invoice is paid or not. Advanced Functionality.
- Flexible Bank Statement Rematching: Possibility to change reconciled item to another one without the need to reactivate previous reconciliations
- Move a product when is reserved from one bin to another: Ability to move a product that is reserved from one storage bin to another
- Multi-tax Category: Allows extension modules to change the tax category assigned to a product
- Stack Configuration for Performance: Documentation and support on how to configure Openbravo Stack (Tomcat, DB, etc...) to properly perform
- Configurable DB Pool: Allow to define and configure DB Pool through external modules (sponsored through Agility ERP)
- Query Timeout: Capability to define timeouts (so far implemented only for Oracle) for different types of queries, such as grid, web services (sponsored through Agility ERP)
- Windows Loading Optimization. Phase I: Improved time and resources required in client side to load Openbravo windows. Form fields in client side are lazily loaded, so only the forms that are opened are loaded.
- Performance. C_Invoice_Create0: Improve performance of the PL
- Stock reservation: Slow P&E to be refactored to java datasources to improve performance
- Performance. Report General Ledger: Improve performance and memory consumption
- Return to Vendor: Slow P&E to be refactored to java datasources to improve performance
- 24964: Read only logic does not work in pick and edit windows
- 25182: Query in org drop down in the list field is having bad performance
- 25461: JSON WebServices don't support big volumes
- 25741: Impossible to add the widget "User defined HTML Widget"
- 25765: Duplicated records can appear in the grid when it is refreshed
- 24580: Depending on a selector's definition lower case values are not properly filtered.
- 25078: Unchecking Customization Allowed removes system customization template
- 25108: export.config.script no taking in account templates dependency
- 25190: Error when searching for characters like ß, in grid view
- 25534: Window incorrectly refreshed when groupìng is in use
- 25620: Grid Configuration is not working on audit columns
- 25666: "0" rate values are changed to the last integer while moving down in the Tax Rate window.
- 25710: Big numbers are not properly managed in amount fields
- 25986: notes datasources are leaked
- 25160: Display logic depending on dates is not working fine
- 25512: Not possible to use different email definitions when sending multiple documents by email
- 25517: Wrong calculations on numeric field depending on the formula
- 25612: Fields defined to be shown on the status bar can not be selected on the combos on "Grid Configuration at Window Tab Field Level"
- 25781: download all attachments fail
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- It has been reported that in some cases the rebuild process requires more RAM memory. It is recommended to run the virtual appliances with at least 1.5GB of RAM.
- 16452: On Windows Openbravo won't start if the installation path contains a space
- Known issues planned to be fixed soon in a upcoming PR14Q2.1 update
- 26356: If you have a window with one tab without a parent key, the tab data is not displayed
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo ERP Platform. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool: Tomcat JDBC connection pool implementation to be used as DB pool in Openbravo
- SEPA CAMT Format: Ability to import bank statement files generated in SEPA CAMT format
- SEPA reconciliation algorithm: New matching algorithm for fast matching of SEPA generated transactions
- Product Multi-tax Category per Organization: Have different tax category per product and organization
Spanish Professional Localization Pack
- Invoice Tax Report: Ability to assess bookings on various VAT accounts
- 347 Tax Form End Year changes: Due to the fact that renting tax rates including withholding need to be included in the 347 dataset.
- Invoice Register Books changes for 2014: Due to Cash VAT requirements
- Cash VAT Taxes: Due to Cash VAT requirements
- Invoice Register Book configuration changes for 2014: Due to Cash VAT requirements
- 303 Tax Form changes : Due to new 303 file format and Cash VAT requirements.
- 340 Tax Form changes: Due to Cash VAT requirements
Please evaluate the Openbravo ERP Platform System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo ERP Platform, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR14Q2 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo ERP Platform and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
|Starting with 3.0MP21 version the Openbravo Appliance is based on the Ubuntu Server operating system.|
To install the Openbravo ERP Platform, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo ERP Platform, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.