Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR15Q4 available
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Module version: 3.0.27657
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Currency conversion rate for Simple GL Journal: New exchange rate tab in order to define another currency conversion
- Cost Adjustements: Standard Cost Support: Support for Standard Cost
- Compute Tax as per BOM: For stocked BOM's, configure tax category so taxes are computed as per the tax categories of the BOM components, with a relative weight defined by an internal price within the BOM
- Product Cost Explanation Module. Put in the distribution.: Add Product Cost Explanation Module to Openbravo 3 distribution
- Payment Status in Sales Order: Indicates in % how much of the total of the order has been paid. Available in the grid and on the toolbar in the form view.
- Tomcat 8 Support: Openbravo can be deployed in Tomcat 8.
- CDI infrastructure for jUnit tests: Infrastructure to allow using CDI within jUnit test cases.
- Support functions in indexes: Database indexes which definition includes functions (such as upper) are now supported and exported as source data. This allows to define indexes that improve performance for certain queries.
- Extend grid config for FK datasources:
Query executed to populate FK drop down can be slow depending on the data behind. Grid Configuration has 2 new settings which, in some cases, improve performance when displaying FK drop down:
- Do not filter records in drop down: shows all available records in drop down not filtering them by other filters applied to the grid.
- Do not use filter drop down: when this setting is enabled, FK field is treated as a text field for filtering purposes.
- Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool Module in Openbravo 3 distribution: Tomcat JDBC Connection Pool Module replaces default connection pool (based on Apache Commons DBCP) which has some advantages:
- Centralized pool
- Better control by allowing more detailed configuration
This module is included in Openbravo 3 distribution being the default option for new instances.
- Expose for module scripts version of the ERP update is executed from: API for module scripts to facilitate the ability to determine if they should be run when performing an update. It allows to define for each module script for which versions it should be executed.
- Improve performance in standard windows: New indexes are added
- Improve modulescripts performance: Modulescripts are reviewed to check if they have to be executed when performing Openbravo update
- Extended Navigation Model: Improvement of the navigation model. Added navigation rules to select the tab to be opened by direct navigation based on the record that it is opened.
- 30927: Auxiliary Input value overwrites actual field value
- 28955: can't use EntityPersistenceEventObserver in jUnit test cases
- 30571: It is not possible to remove a row if it contains a mandatory image
- 30308: Use get instead of refresh when saving or updating a record
- 30507: When clicking on a field on edit mode on the grid the value is not selected
- 30372: Add accounting date to Add Multiple Payments
- 30736: The Delivery method is not popullated correctly in Goods Shipment
- 30504: "Gross List Price" information is not copied to invoice when using Generate Invoice from Receipt process
- 30694: The ReportInvoiceDiscountJR report consume many resources when printing big amount of data.
- 30898: Payment registered for child organization not found in Payment selector when running "add transaction" from Match Statement
- 30735: All price lists are displayed without check the organization role
- 30463: Move a Storage Bin process of Goods Movement window allows to choose any locator without taking into account the organization
- 30516: Potential full c_orderline scan in M_Reservation_trg
- 30449: Automatic distribution of the amount in Add Details window cannot be disabled
- 27126: Pending goods receipt - Receives goods even though periods are closed
- 30073: Different Alternate Tax Base Amount in a partial invoice from order depending on the process used
- 30273: "Not Balance" error received when posting a transaction (although suspense balancing is not needed)
- 30936: Wrong cost after executing the Price Correction Background
- 30664: The Costing Background process takes around 10 days for high volume of warehouse transactions
- 30751: Lines deleted each time you reactivate a payment proposal
- 29242: Initial Balance incorrectly calculated in PDF General Ledger Report when grouping by BP
- 30503: Performance problems in the Acct Server process
- 30530: Performance problem in "InitializeBPCurrency" modulescript
- 30009: UpdatePaymentPlan modulscript takes hours to finish updating from mp31 to PR15Q2
- 30077: Customer Balance not working properly with multicurrency credit
- 31709: Some Jasper reports fail to be generated with JDK 8.
- 32707: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00918 while packaging module.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Analytics. Ability to connect to the different DB (stand-by replica): Allow Mondrian/Saiku to read the data/facts from another database (server), making it possible to distribute the sql-processing to another server.
- Business Partner Settlement: Ability to settle purchase invoices against sales invoices or vendor credit against sales credit
- Multi-currency support on Remittance: Ability to include transactions having different currecies within the same remittance
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR15Q4 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.