Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR16Q1 available
Release date: March 15th, 2016
Module version: 3.0.28207
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Add filter by document no. in Journal Entries Report: This feature request is about adding a new textbox to the Journal Entries Report where the user can filter by the document number.
This new filter will be only displayed when the user selects a document type which has document numbers.
If the users enters a document type and a document number, the system will return all the accounting entries linked to this document number. Please note that the document number is not unique per document, so the query may find several records.
- Improve Add Products process in ch value: Within this project the Add Products process in Product Characteristics window is replaced by a Pick & Execute process. It is also added the ability to reassign a different value in case the product already has a value of the current characteristic
- Add columns Quantity, Product Search Key and Unit Price in: Sales Invoice Dimensional Report: The columns Quantity, Product Search Key and Unit Price will be included in the Excel output
- Add columns Product Search Key and Unit Price in: Purchase Invoice Dimensional Report: The columns Product Search Key and Unit Price will be included in the Excel output
- Improved Product Characteristics Filter Selector: Added contextual filtering to the product characteristics selectors - show only applicable to the product values that appear in the current grid.
- Display logic in grid as read only logic: It is not possible to hide in grid fields that define a Display Logic. When a field with display logic is visualized in grid view, this logic will be treated as an additional Read Only logic, making the field not editable in case the condition is fulfilled.
- Document direct printing:
Printing documents (Orders, Invoices, etc.) requires of several steps: click on print button, decide whether PDF file is going to be attached to the document, opening the downloaded PDF and click on print in the PDF viewer application. This flow can now be optimized with 2 preferences:
- A preference to define if PDF for documents are attached or not
- A preference that makes this document to be directly opened by the PDF viewer application and print dialog is directly shown (whenever the viewer application supports it)
- Add ability to configure if values of a variant characteristics need to be added automatically to the configuration tab: When a variant characteristic is added to a generic product all its values are copied in the configuration tab.
If the characteristic has many values it makes more sense to be able to configure it so only the desired values are added manually by the user
- New option for Price List Schema Line: Fixed Price or Cost plus Margin Based: New option for Base List/Unit Price in Price List Schema Line: Fixed Price or Cost plus Margin Based
Rules for prices calculation
- If the set fixed List/Unit price is higher than the current cost plus List/unit Price margin, the price list will be created with the fixed price
- If the set fixed List/Unit price is lower than the current cost plus List/Unit Price margin, then price list will be created using the cost plus the margin
- PostgreSQL 9.5 Support: Openbravo can be used with PostgreSQL 9.5
- Unmatch multiple transactions in a batch: Add the ability to unmatch multiple transactions in a batch from the Match Statement window
- Retail Licensing: Retail License is based on acquiring the number of POS Terminals that can be registered in the instance.
- Role inheritance: Extended security model to allow role composition based on other roles
- 30993: It is not possible to define a preference as default value when column has a default defined in ad_column
- 28477: view generation: unneeded queries to trl tables
- 30891: Xsql files parser does not release statement for callable statements
- 31566: Error when closing window where view personalization and grid configuration are defined
- 29746: unneded FIC request on record selection in some windows
- 28200: Amount field located in "Cost" tab set as read-only.
- 31528: Can't install modules using Internet explorer 11
- 28478: view generation: unneeded queries to grid config tables
- 30882: Wrong Trial Balance report obtained when executed at Account level and checked as "Include Zero Figures"
- 31193: Execute Pending Payments background process is taken into account payments that are not Awaiting Execution
- 30877: Accounting dimension not enabled when configured in Client | Dimensions tab
- 31649: Balance Sheet and PL structure window has performance problems when you try to open the window
- 31550: Net Unit Price is changed after saving the invoice line if price includes taxes and price precision is higher than 2
- 30971: When voiding an unpaid invoice, payment schedule details should be canceled instead of deleted
- 31265: Acct Server Background process should only consider check "Disable for background" option for valid General Ledgers
- 31701: It is not possible to modify order's payment terms when related partial invoice is in Void status
- 31107: Only the commission related with the payment amount of the last payment is considered when invoice has split payment plan
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- 32707: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00918 while packaging module.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- SPLP legal requirements 2015 - End Year settlement for Cash VAT: Update Spanish Professional Localization Pack to fulfill legal requirements for 2016
- SPLP - Tax Report Launcher: Support calendars not defined for natural years: Previous versions of Tax Report Launcher forces the user to use the organization's calendar when launching reports. However, this could be a problem when the organization's calendar is not defined for natural years (January to December).</p>
The project will allow to select any calendar defined in the Fiscal Calendar window when launching a report. Besides, the official tributary reports will be adapted to support this new feature.
Since this is a functional API change, new major version of the Tax Report Launcher, Official tributary reports, and Spanish Professional Localization packs will be required.
- Report Valued Stock Enhancenment: Be able to consolidate the information for all warehouses
- IDL Variants. Implement not insert all values of a characteristic: Based on the feature "Ability to configure not to insert automatically all values for a specific characteristic" IDL for Variants has been also changed in order to take into account this new capability
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR16Q1 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.