Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR16Q3 available
Release date: August 11th, 2016
Module version: 3.0.29727
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Attachment Extensibility:
Third party modules can extend file attachment for standard windows in two ways:
- Defining new "Attachment Methods" that will make attachments to be stored in places different that default directory in file system (ie, Alfresco, Google Drive...).
- Additional information ca be saved together with the attachment, this information can be requested to the user uploading the attached file or obtained from the context.
- Extended information in Instance Activation:
Added to Instance Activation window information about:
- Current number of logged concurrent users
- Current count of daily web services invocations
- Number of active WebPOS terminals
- Improve queries for standard grid: Reviewed queries generated for standard grid population.
- Cross Organization References: By default, links between two different objects are always enforced to both objects be in the same Organization's natural tree. Now it is possible to define in which cases this enforcement can be bypassed.
- Manually set password as expired: Capability to manually mark a user's password as expired, so next time she tries to log in the system, current password will be forced to be changed.
- Improvements to Product by Price and Warehouse selector: Performance improvements in Product by Price and Warehouse selector targeting to make it usable in instances with medium volumes (~100K products).
- 32032: Performance problem in Orders Awaiting Delivery Report.
- 32341: Unposting a payment in and deleting the accounting entries takes too long if it is created for an org with lots of children.
- 32383: Payments can be deposited without being executed when adding a payment to an invoice through the financial account transaction.
- 32504: Huge performance problem in the costing background process and using the Negative stock correction too.
- 32510: Payment report: it is very slow with big data.
- 32709: Sales Invoice - Invoice Term=Immediate does not create link to Good Shipment in Sales Invoice.
- 32939: It's not possible to add a payment to an order with negative outstanding amount.
- 33063: It should be possible to run "Reset Accounting" process for several organization at once.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Analytics. Upgrade to Mondrian 4 and Saiku 3.7.: Update to the new Mondrian 4 and Saiku 3.7 versions.
- Alfresco Integration module: Module that implements an Attachment Method to store attachments in an Alfresco instance
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR16Q3 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.