Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR16Q4 available
Release date: October 31st, 2016
Module version: 3.0.xxxxx
Maturity Status: QA (CS promotion: December 31st, 2016)
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- [# HW sizing document]: Complete the formula, specially for the DB RAM) and complete the last section (which is linked to monitoring
- Cancel and Replace: New Cancel and Replace (C&R)
C&R, as its name indicates, cancels an existing order and replaces for a new one. This new order is a copy of the fist one and allows to add or remove not delivered products from it. The initial payments are also maintained in the new order.
A new negative order is created to negate the first order. This negative order is also a copy of the old order but with negative quantities and payments.
This functionality works both in Backend and Web POS.
- Funds transfer: New button in the Financial Account window to transfer money among financial accounts
- Callout invocation ineficiencies: Callouts are executed by FIC emulating a Servlet request, to later parse the response to generate a JSON object with the contents.
This mechanism has some performance drawbacks:
* There is an overhead to perform the request
* Response needs to be parsed to generate a JSON</p>
Callouts extending SimpleCallout should:
1. be directly invoked without need of doing a request
2. return a JSON object that does not require extra post processing
- Make the callouts extensible: It is now to extend callouts (SimpleCallout) without the need of completely overwriting existent callouts. Now different callouts on the same column can be chained being possible to modify/extend results based on the response of precedent ones in chain.
- Balance Sheet and PL improvements. Transplant Periods Comparison Config: Ability to launch the report without comparing to a previous year and refactor in the PDF output.
- Match several transactions: Select several transactions at same time to match against a concrete bankstatement line
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Analytics: configurable fact table population: Analytics information is queried from fact tables that need to be populated from transactional data.
So far, this population was performed by a process that, in a first run, computed all historical data. Now it is possible to configure a date range for this information as well as a batch size for each time the process is executed.
- External Data Loading Module: Create a generic module to be able to use different kind of external sources to get the data (Web Service, SFTP, FTP ...) and import in the ERP database by a development done in core to import data in multi thread process
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR16Q4 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.