Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR17Q1 available
Release date: March 15th, 2017
Module version: 3.0.31087
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Alternative unit of measure use in procurement and sales flows.: A new system preference supports that alternative unit of measure (i.e "pallet") can be defined and used besides product's UOM (i.e "units") in procurement and sales flows. A conversion between the product's UOM and each alternative unit of measure (AUM) defined for the product needs to be configured.
- Valued / Enhanced Valued Stock Report with Improved Performance. Merge and include in the distro.: Merge Valued Stock Report Enhanced module with Valued Stock Report in Core to bring many new features: huge performance improvements, consolidated results at organization level, ability to export to PDF and Excel.
- Return to Vendor Shipment Performance refactor: Performance refactor that drastically improves the performance of the Return to Vendor Shipment Pick and Execute in high volume environments. In our tests in real environments, the time to load the P&E has been reduced from 25 to 1 second.The Quantity delivered field is now implemented for the Return to Vendor (before it was only implemented for the sales flows). The query behind the P&E can now benefit from this physical column instead of calculating this quantity on the fly.The Is Delivered flag is now implemented for the Return to Vendor and for every sales flow (before it was only implemented for "POS Order" and "Warehouse Order" document types). This field is now shown in the related sales windows.A module script is included to properly populate both columns in existing environments. In our internal tests, the module script took less than 10 minutes to be run in an environment with 19M of order lines. Please plan for a buffer time when you update to this release.
- Raise minimum stack requirements: Raised minimum stack requirements to:
- Java 7
- Tomcat 7
- PostrgreSQL 9.3
- Execution limits for build validations: Build validations are scripts that are executed before starting the database update process, now it is possible to define the version range they should be executed for.
- Support partial indexes in PostgreSQL: Now it is possible to define partial indexes (indexes based on expressions) in PostgreSQL database.
- Improved accessibility for screen readers: Openbravo can be configured to support screen readers.
- Ability to disable Summary Functions: Grid Summary functions can perform heavy queries in grids with high volume of data. Now it is possible through Grid Configuration to disable them System wide or tab specific.
- Export to HTML Process Definition Reports: Reports defined as process definition can now be exported in HTML format.
- Pre delete client side event handler: Now it is possible to define client side actions to be executed before a record is deleted from UI.
- Ability to disable Linked Items: Linked Items functionality can be in some cases heavy in terms of performance. It is now possible, through a preference, to disable it at system or at window level.
- Prevent FK recreation in update database: Update database process dropped foreign key constraints to Application Dictionary tables and looked for deleted referenced records to remove them. This process which can be slow in instances with high volumes, now is only performed in case it is needed.
- Funds Transfer Hook: New hook at the end of the Funds Transfer button process to allow the possibility for external modules to extend this functionality
- Display Logic at Server Side: Capability to define display logic that is evaluated based on Preferences at Server side. This allows to configure some windows to maintain some fields always hidden.
- 34571: Cannot attach xlsx files
- 34534: StatementFinalizer causes some overhead on each statement
- 34200: client side callouts are executed twice when picking a value in a selector drop down
- 34791: Reports are printed with null values when parent Organization's address is empty
- 34566: Classes implementing Process interface can not use CDI automatically
- 33853: summary functions: extra DS requests when relocating grid column
- 33626: Unneeded datasource request after cancelling a newly created record in grid view having summary functions
- 34051: Wrong Tabulation Order in form fields
- 33994: Bad performance Costing Background process using 3 types of adjustments
- 34014: Slow behavior of widget "Stock by Warehouse"
- 34166: Order lines with netting shipment lines shouldn't be returned
- 34205: View c_invoice_candidate_v has performance problem when having lots of unpaid invoices
- 34286: Products from storage bins that do not belong to document's org on hand warehouses can be included in goods shipment lines
- 34308: Low performance when Opening the Balance Sheet and P&L infraestructure
- 34599: Performance problem in AcctServer process when posting a reconciliation with aprox 800 lines
- 34615: Arabic characters set are not printed on some standard reports.
- New module script UpdateQtyDelivered associated to the Return to Vendor Shipment Performance refactor might take longer on a high volume environment because it must execute complex queries for many records. As a workaround ONLY if you can't wait this time, you can delete the module script, update your system AND [MUST BE DONE] execute the two queries available in the module script BEFORE working in Return To Vendor Shipment.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated: None.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR17Q1 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.