Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR17Q2 available
Release date: May 26th, 2017
Module version: 3.0.31787
Maturity Status: QAA
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Integrate module - Report: Aging Balance: Integrated module into the Openbravo 3 distribution, removed dependency to legacy API and adapted it to the new Openbravo 3 Process Definition infrastructure
- Integrate module - Report: Cash Flow Forecast: Integrated module into the Openbravo 3 distribution, removed dependency to legacy API and adapted it to the new Openbravo 3 Process Definition infrastructure
- Sales Invoice Dimensional Report. New features: The following improvements have been developed:
- Add totals at the end of the report
- Show secondary filters
- Total section at the end of the report
- DBSM Performance improvements: Two main performance improvements for updating database tasks:
- Parallel index creation: new indexes are created in parallel by multiple threads.
- Table recreation prevention: in most of the cases, tables are altered to new model without the need of recreating them.
- Process execution in multi record selection: Processes can be defined to allow to be invoked for multiple selected records.
- Support Indexes to speed up contains search: Added support in PostgreSQL to create database indexes to improve the speed of queries used to search a substring contained in a text column.
- Report queries can be executed in a read-only DB: When Openbravo has a standby replication database, it is possible to use it to perform some heavy queries, specially for reporting, so load in main database can be reduced.
- Reduced audit trail overhead: The overhead that Audit Trail feature causes in terms of database load has been significantly reduced.
- Partial Indexes in Core: Review existing standard indexes and transform them to partial indexes where useful
- Improve tax calculation at document level: Two main changes are included in this project:
- To calculate the net amount based on the line amount (previously it was based on the price, thus creating noticeable rounding issues).
- To fix net amount calculation for price lists including taxes (previously the line net was calculated using the same algorithm as the line based calculation).
- Improve Performance in Pareto Product Report: Includes a total refactor of the queries involved in the report to drastically improve the performance, and supports the usage of the same aggregated data created for the Valued Stock Report (if available) ensuring the report's scalability in high volume environments.
- Reduced memory consumed per backoffice session: The amount of memory consumed by each session created in backoffice has been reduced by a better caching mechanism. Improving in this manner scalability in highly concurrent instances.
- 25186: Java heap error accessing to the pending goods receipt window when there are 16000 lines for orders not receipt
- 33581: Slow defaults retrieval in add payment
- 34992: Payment Plan deleted when Voiding an invoice which is prepaid via sales order
- 35068: Valued Stock Report is showing warehouses that do not belong to the organization included in the filter
- 35137: Concurrency problem: current balance wrongly calculated when 2 transactions are processed at same time
- 35203: Performance problem in DocInvoice with cashvat functionality
- 35287: Slow behavior in "Accounting" tab of Financial Account window
- 35514: Wrong "Product Expense" account used when posting purchase invoice referring "tax not deductible"
- 35539: Delivered Sales Order Report is showing the business partner only when the sales order is associated with a project
- 35566: Currency conversion problem in Matched Inv when product is configured as "Book Using Purchase Order Price"
- 35474: Function based indexes do not support arithmetic operations on columns
- 35519: can only have one function column in db indexes
- 23882: 2 dangling DB connections after Tomcat start
- 20515: OBCriteria creates contention at JVM
- 35007: audit trail causes excessive overhead
- 35060: EntityPersistanceEventObservers are executed twice on commitAndClose
- 35628: ORA: sometimes update.database after install.source detects db changes
- 34882: Incorrect styling in Chrome 56
- 35124: Selectors in Process Definition invoked from menu show only records of organizations in the context organization's natural tree
- 35698: Payables and Receivable Aging Balance Organization and General Ledger fields
- 35918: Wrong Trial Balance at "Account" level and without checking "Opening Entry Amount to Initial Balance"
- 35953: Fetching data when it is sorting by a null foreign key is not working as expected.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR17Q2 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.