Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR17Q4 available
Release date: Month <last>, 2017
Module version: 3.0.xxxxx
Maturity Status: QA
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Improve Callouts Performance: Refactor callouts defined as Servlets to extend from the new SimpleCallout framework, thus improving memory management, performance and code cleanness
- [# Contains indexes in Functional flows]: Review functional related tables and add "contains indexes" where required to improve performance
- Added performance logs to Costing and Migration Costing processes: To analyze performance problems and make a better diagnostic, some logs were added to get information about the processing status: number of transactions processed so far, pending transactions to be processed, estimated time to finish the execution or what part of the process is being executed at the moment
- Professional license auto-refresh: License is automatically refreshed in case there are changes in the Professional Subscription terms.
- Make all reports read-only pool compatible: Adapt all reports available in Openbravo to work with read-only pool
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Advance Warehouse Operations: Advanced Warehouse Operations is a flexible solution for simple or complex, manual or automated warehouses and is prepared to connect to automated/robotized operations. It consists of a set of functionalities that enable warehouses to optimize space utilization and operator transactions, while increasing inventory accuracy.
- Distribution Orders: Openbravo needs a Document named Distribution Order that represent an order for Stock Transfer.
The following scenarios should be covered :
- Transfer of Stock, integrating the notion of In-Transit Stock ( allowing to attach at least two corresponding goods movements).
- Inter-Company, allowing to transparently generate Shipments and Receipts and therefore the necessary cross-invoicing.
- As well represent a need for a Store to receive Stock, even if it has not need Purchased / received ( it would integrate in the reservation model then) .
To put it simple, the Distribution Order would be to Goods Movements what Sales Order is to a Goods Shipment.
- DB Pool Log: This module enables several logging features for database connection pool. Mainly intended to help developers to find potential issues.
- New hook to SEPA feature: Add a hook to SEPA so external modules can easily modify the XML file.Available since SEPA Framework and Utilities version 1.0.100
- Language Local Names: This module adds language names written in their own language
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR17Q4 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.