Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR17Q4 available
Release date: December 29th, 2017
Module version: 3.0.32857
Maturity Status: QAA
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Improve Callouts Performance: Refactor callouts defined as Servlets to extend from the new SimpleCallout framework, thus improving memory management, performance and code cleanness
- Added performance logs to Costing and Migration Costing processes: To analyze performance problems and make a better diagnostic, some logs were added to get information about the processing status: number of transactions processed so far, pending transactions to be processed, estimated time to finish the execution or what part of the process is being executed at the moment
- Professional license auto-refresh: License is automatically refreshed in case there are changes in the Professional Subscription terms.
- Make all reports read-only pool compatible: Adapt all reports available in Openbravo to work with read-only pool
- 31710: Review XLS reports to apply numeric cell type.
- 32205: Deleting an order line takes long on a high volume environment.
- 32677: Deleting a shipment/receipt line takes long on a high volume environment.
- 33808: Not processed transactions are shown in Match statement - search transaction popup.
- 36345: Wrong quantity in inventory lines if "," is used as decimal separator and "." as grouping separator.
- 36417: Characteristic Description is not updated in Update Characteristics process from Product window.
- 36560: When creating a POS Order, the shipment accounting date is different from the movement date.
- 36619: Process Generate Invoices is not working with high volume.
- 36707: Price List Schema with several lines is not working in a "hierarchical" way.
- 36814: Customer Statement process takes long on environment with big amount of data.
- 37120: "Copy Lines" process not properly copying "organization" dimension when defined at invoice line level.
- 37456: Change the role in the ERP has performance problems.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Advanced Warehouse Operations: Advanced Warehouse Operations is a flexible solution for simple or complex, manual or automated warehouses and is prepared to connect to automated/robotized operations. It consists of a set of functionalities that enable warehouses to optimize space utilization and operator transactions, while increasing inventory accuracy.
- Distribution Orders: Openbravo needs a Document named Distribution Order that represent an order for Stock Transfer.
The following scenarios should be covered :
- Transfer of Stock, integrating the notion of In-Transit Stock ( allowing to attach at least two corresponding goods movements).
- Inter-Company, allowing to transparently generate Shipments and Receipts and therefore the necessary cross-invoicing.
- As well represent a need for a Store to receive Stock, even if it has not need Purchased / received ( it would integrate in the reservation model then) .
To put it simple, the Distribution Order would be to Goods Movements what Sales Order is to a Goods Shipment.
- DB Pool Log: This module enables several logging features for database connection pool. Mainly intended to help developers to find potential issues.
- New hook to SEPA feature: Add a hook to SEPA so external modules can easily modify the XML file.Available since SEPA Framework and Utilities version 1.0.100
- Language Local Names: This module adds language names written in their own language
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR17Q4 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Business Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.