Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR18Q2 available
Release date: May 9th, 2018
Module version: 3.0.33777
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Advanced Inventory - Referenced Inventory: The possibility to identify individual inventory occurrences, of the same product, lot and location, by a reference number. Also known as "Catch Weight".
- C_Order_Post Extension Point: Add prevalidation extension point to C_Order_Post procedure
- Create Lines From (Sales Invoice window) performance improvements: Implemented new physical column called "Completely Invoiced" at Goods Shipment level which makes it faster to filter out shipments already invoiced. This column from one hand speeds up the query run by the Create Lines From process, and from the other hand allows the user to easily filter pending to invoice Goods Shipments directly into the window's grid.
- Reduced memory footprint per session: Memory consumed per Openbravo session has been decreased by improving how Organization tree is cached in memory.
- Custom Tomcat error pages: It is now possible to configure the pages that Tomcat will display in case of error instead of using the default one. Additionally, Openbravo provides a new generic error page.
- Funds Transfer Usability Improvements: Transaction description can be entered by the user before executing the process. A default G/L Item for organizations can be specified and it's taken into account in the Funds Transfer UI. It can be overwritten by the user if necessary. New flag "Funds Transfer Enables" at Financial Account level. The Funds Transfer process will only be visible for the enabled financial accounts, and the Deposit To will filter out not enabled financial accounts.
- 37437: useless session cache of window.isSOTrx
- 38179: cannot restore pg dump
- 37601: log in causes contention in other requests
- 37996: Sales Order with Immediate Invoice terms does not appear in Create Invoices From Order and Create Lines From process
- 38096: Is not possible to disable the access for a widget by deactivating the role access
- 38037: Display logic on tab not properly applied in form view
- 35268: Request timeout message is not handled properly in the UI
- 37515: Performance issue in Orders Awaiting Invoice Report
- 37516: Performance issue in Orders Awaiting Delivery Report
- 37664: Performance issue in Invoice Line drop down of Landed Cost Cost
- 37742: Return Material pick and execute take more that 4 minutes to be loaed on an environment with thousands of orders
- 37835: Performance issue in Generate Invoices process
- 37837: Tax selected is based on the invoicing address instead of the partner address
- 38045: Slow query when executing the payment report
- 38163: Tax calculation adjustment must be done in the highest variance tax
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
- New module script UpdateIsCompletelyInvoiced associated to the Create Lines From (Sales Invoice window) performance improvements project might take longer on a high volume environment because it must execute complex queries for many records. As a workaround ONLY if you can't wait this time, you can delete the module script, update your system AND [MUST BE DONE] execute the two queries available in the module script BEFORE working with any goods receipt/shipment or creating an invoice from a goods receipt/shipment.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Advanced Inventory - Referenced Inventory AWO Support: The possibility to identify individual inventory occurrences, of the same product, lot and location, by a reference number. Also known as "Catch Weight".
- External Integration Infrastructure: Base module that provides the basic infrastructure to integrate Openbravo with external systems.
- SAP ECC Integration: Base infrastructure for the integration with SAP ECC
- Maintenance Management Infrastructure: Manage any type of tasks to be performed by any user and with the option to relate to any Openbravo entity (Business Partner, Product, External Entities...). It will implement the possibility to define a Workflow for each type of task. This module will implement an infrastructure to define Work Orders to be executed against generic entities. This entities will be added through external modules. It will also allow to define per each work order type a workflow of statuses and transitions between those statuses in ord
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR18Q2 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about Openbravo
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.