Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR18Q3 available
Release date: August 8th, 2018
Module version: 3.0.34267
Check out what's new, fixed issues and frequently asked questions about the latest release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or by discussing it in the Open discussion forum.
- Read Only pool configuration per report: When working with a standby replication database, now it is possible to configure report by report whether queries will be executed in standard or standby database.
- Password strength policy enforcement: When user changes password it will be required to meet a minimum strength criteria.
- Prevent "in development" modules in Production instances: When there is any module in development, several performance optimizations are disabled. Now if the instance is marked to be "Production", all modules are set not to be in development, in order to prevent productions instances having disabled those optimizations.
- Persist Organization Info: Persist organization related information commonly used directly into database to improve performance
- Jasper Reports Cache: Compiled reports are maintained in a cache which speeds up subsequent printings.
- Products locked and discontinued: In product window there will be two new flags:
- Improved soft trigger disabling in PostgreSQL: Soft trigger disabling mechanism has been refactored when working with PostgreSQL in order to improve its performance in situations of high concurrrency.
- 38500: raised minimum ant version to 1.9.2
- 38269: parallel export.sampledata can get stuck
- 38161: Maximum Concurrent Users limit not calculating properly
- 38651: problems in user locking implementation
- 38801: If flush inside TriggerHandler.enable() throws an exception, threadlocal is not cleared, thread remains with triggers disabled
- 38661: Problem with tabs with 'Time' fields
- 38766: audit fields don't get updated when scheduling/unscheduling process requests
- 33276: Problem with User window and auto-complete in Chrome
- 32862: "Enable Stock Reservations" preference throws an error when a Sales Order is booked
- 34097: In Sales/Purchase Order windows, the Add Payment button is visible in cases it should not be
- 38205: Cost Adjustment Process very slow
- 38206: Cost Adjustment Process generates too much lines
- 38551: Improve performance of Add Multiple Payments process in Financial Account window
- 38620: Reset Accounting process is not considering specific day set but deleting accounting of entire month
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Business Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- SAP ECC Connector: Base infrastructure that handles communications with SAP ECC allowing to build connectors to integrate different entities/documents.
- Attribute change during life cycle for AWO: Allow to modify attribute value during the stock life cycle in a controlled way
- Store Attachments in S3: This module provides the capability to store Openbravo attachments in Amazon S3 instead of keeping them in Openbravo's server file system.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name).
Please evaluate the Openbravo Business Suite System Requirements, prior to download.
In order to download the Openbravo Business Suite, please visit downloads.openbravo.com.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 PR18Q3 release. Select the Country and the language to log in. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Installation Manual.
To update the Openbravo Business Suite, please follow the Updates and Upgrades Manual.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.