Openbravo ERP 3.0RC1 available
Release date: July 17th, 2010
Openbravo ERP 3.0RC1 is the first release candidate of the 3.0 series.
The main goals of this release are
- To show our progress towards Openbravo 3.0 and start receiving feedback from our Community.
- To roll out early Release Candidates publication practice to reach 3.0 Production release in a good shape.
Release candidates are incomplete versions of 3.0, since they deliver only a subset of the 3.0 road map and they also might have functional / technical restrictions. Thus this release is intended for evaluation purposes only.
Check out what's new, the known issues and frequently asked questions about the next release of Openbravo ERP. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Early Releases Discussion forum.
- Enhanced Application Layout:
- Tabbed Panels - Records can be viewed and edited on tabs, with different parallel tabs in use at the same time, thereby supporting user multi-tasking,
- Top Navigation - The menu bar will contains the following types of navigations and shortcuts: A quick launch menu to create new records, A quick launch menu to jump to existing grids, Application Menu, Recent, Alerts: shortcut to the existing alerts, Profile: a flyout menu for user and password settings, Help: shortcut to the existing help
- My Openbravo: A sneak preview to the home tab "portal style" with widgets containing role based information, such as KPIs, saved searches, news feeds or performance charts.
- Simplified functional footprint with pre-configured roles: Openbravo ERP 3.0 will be based on a narrower functional footprint than previous releases. This release will focus exclusively on the key flows required by the large majority of customers, with the aim of:
- Eliminating complexity from the product;
- Perfecting the core functionality;
- Improving adoption rate and successful implementations.
- Advanced Payables and Receivables Management: offers a completely new user experience that simplifies and automates the business processes around receiving and making payment, including the reconciliation of those events with bank statements.
Check the complete list of the new functionality in the Openbravo ERP development roadmap (already available features are marked with a delivered sign ).
- Upgrades from previous releases to 3.0 RC1 or from 3.0 RC1 to subsequent versions are not supported.
- Initial Client Setup and Initial Organization Setup processes at the moment do not support narrow functional footprint so they are disabled by the roles in the distribution.
- 0013982: Directly after login, navigationbar is frozen until the 'My Openbravo' subpage finishes loading completely.
Amazon EC2 AMI
EU: ami-b1f0dac5 (32 bit)
US: ami-64fe150d (32 bit)
We have set up an online demo so that it's easier for you to test this preview 3.0RC1 release. Use Openbravo as the username and openbravo as the password (it's case sensitive). Check it out!
- To set up the Appliance of this Openbravo ERP release, follow the installation guide. Note that even if the guide is written for the 2.50 version it is also valid for this 3.0RC1 release.
- Get more details on Openbravo ERP.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo ERP a huge success.