Openbravo Reports Server is a feature rich and performant reporting solution based on Jaspersoft Reports Server.
The Openbravo Reports Server gives you the following main functionalities:
- view and customize reports and dashboards through the web
- support pixel-perfect complex reports, created through Jaspersoft Studio but distributed through the Openbravo Reports Server through the web or by email
- build focused reports on the fly using an easy-to-use drag-and-drop web interface
- build/create dashboards using existing reports or integrated with other web resources
- schedule reports to receive them daily by email or on a shared file location in many different output formats: PDF, xls, etc.
- report bursting, high volume distribution of reports with personalized content based on the receiving user
- fully integrated from the Openbravo backoffice to the Jasper environment
- a dedicated reporting datawarehouse, updated frequently from our transactional database
Openbravo Reports Server is deployed on its own server with its own dedicated data warehouse database. The data warehouse is updated periodically (daily or more frequently) from the Openbravo transactional database using specific ETL/ELT like scripts. The separate datawarehouse allows us to prepare the data so that reports are fast and data and dimensions are ready to be used in drag-and-drop report creation.
Reports Server User Tutorials
Jaspersoft provides extensive documentation and tutorials on the web to help you get familiar with the user interface and functionality of Jaspersoft Reports Server.
For your convenience we have gathered some of the tutorials here. These tutorials are all short (<7 mins) videos and discuss the features from an (power-)user or consultant perspective.
To start of, this video provides a general overview of Jaspersoft Reports Server.
Then after that checkout the following tutorials providing some more details:
- Interactive Reports & Scheduling
- Ad-Hoc Views
- Advanced Dashboards
- Data to Report, starting from the database
- Report Scheduling
- Jaspersoft Admin
More details can be found in the Jasper Reports Server User Guide.
Retail Reports & Datawarehouse
In the 2020Q1 release our focus will be on delivering domains covering Sales data, amounts, volumes through dimensions based on date, product category (tree), organization (tree). The domains allow you to easily create ad-hoc views and reports. They also provide a good base for custom data loading and reports.
The following document gives an overview of the domains in this first release.
Reports Server Openbravo Integration
The Openbravo backoffice is integrated with the Jasper Reports Server in various ways: automatic and transparent login using single sign on, opening reports directly from the Openbravo backoffice and report bursting. These integration topics are described in detail in this document.
Reports Server Repository Structure
When creating new reports and other contents within the reports server we expect and assume a specific repository structure. This repository structure is used to support modularity and also makes sure that developers and consultants know where to find and place specific artifacts so that they can be exported correctly to modules.
The details of the Jasper Reports Server Repository structure are described in this document.
The Openbravo Reporting Server makes use of Openbravo modularity to organize and package report artifacts. Our approach allows you to extend the datawarehouse model while other artifacts can be copied for customization.
Openbravo Reporting Development Resources
The development guide describes the whole range of development activities from creating and extending the data warehouse model, implementing ETL/ELT data load scripts using SQL and adapt the domain definition with translation and security setup correctly.
Howto and other documentation:
- Development Overview & Environment
- Reporting table and load script development
- Working with Materialized Views
- Custom update or load class
- Working with Domains, Views, Reports in the Reports Server
- Translation and Domain Organizational Filtering - Security
- Generating and running the data loader app
- Creating custom report templates
Jaspersoft Report Server Development Resources
Here are links to other JasperSoft server documentation relevant for developers:
- Intro into Domains Tutorial
- Advanced Domains Tutorial
- Adding new SQL Calculated Fields functions
- Data to Report, starting from the database
- Jasper Server REST API
Reports Server Setup, Configuration, Deployment, Runtime
The specific system level configuration of the Reports Server is discussed in this document. It provides steps to deploy the reports server using our configuration modules.
For other details regarding server administration check out the Jasper Reports Server Administrator Guide.
The runtime topics page provides information on what to check when running the data loader application in production.
JasperReports Server Documentation
For detailed documentation on Jaspersoft visit the documentation page. Openbravo uses the 7.2.0 version.