Reporting Server/Repository Structure
The Jasper Reports Server repository is a key element in organizing reports and reporting artifacts. Artifacts are uniquely defined and identified using the location/path in the repository. Resources within the reports server refer to each other using this unique path.
In this document we will give an overview of the relevant folders you can expect and where to place the artifacts.
Within the public folder you can find the following folders:
- Modules: contains the module artifacts.
- System: contains system artifacts such as templates.
Each reporting module will have a separate subfolder in within the Modules folder. The name of the folder: [DBPREFIX]_[MODULE_NAME]. Whereby each space in the module name is replaced by a _. See the above screenshot for an example.
You are free to add folders/artifacts within a specific module. The complete content will be exported to the corresponding module in the Openbravo source folder tree. However for clarity we define at least three common subfolders: Adhoc Views, Domains, Reports and Dashboards. A subfolder is only needed if it has relevant content of course.
Within the System folder you can find the data source, resources and templates. Each in their own specific subfolder.
How to name and Where to place artifacts
This listing provides you guidelines where to place new artifacts and also how to name your reports, views etc:
- Domains should be created inside the /public/Modules/[ModuleFolderName]/Domains folder.
- Adhoc Views should be placed inside the /Modules/[ModuleFolderName]/Adhoc Views folder, any name is allowed
- (JRXML) Reports should be placed inside the /Modules/[ModuleFolderName]/Reports folder, any name is allowed
- Translation Bundle Files should be placed inside the /Modules/[ModuleFolderName]/Resources folder, translation bundle files should normally end with: _[LANGUAGE].properties, for example Sales_Labels_en.properties.
- Dashboards should be placed inside the /Modules/[ModuleFolderName]/Adhoc Views folder, any name is allowed
- Datasource: normally there is only one data source which is already pre-created for you. It is always located within the /public/System/Data Sources folder and will always have the name: REPORTING DS. However, if you need additional data sources it is best to create them within your own module in a separate folder.