A requisition is a formal request of something needed by the organization or business unit.
Each requisition includes the item/s needed and could have a preferred vendor and/or Price List.
This internal document notifies the purchasing department of items to order, their quantity and the time frame for its delivery as a consequence of:
- items stock level under its safety limit
- an expected high demand of an item
- a need of items intended for business unit activity use or business unit staff use, etc.
It could be that the requester enters the supplier or not, but at the end of the day that is something to be decided by the purchasing department.
Any member of the organization or business unit can create requisitions and monitor them in this window.
Requisition header allows entering below data:
- The business partner or supplier, this is an optional field that could be filled in by the requester in case it is known, therefore:
- The supplier entered in the header will be the one used for every requisition line unless it is changed at lines level for a particular line.
- If there is no supplier entered in the requisition header the one setup by default for the product in its master data window, "Purchasing" tab will be used.
- If there is no business partner or supplier in the header, or in the lines, or setup in the product, procurement management team will have to enter it while creating the purchase order from the requisition.
- The purchase price list. This is also an optional field to be filled-in, in case it is known by the requester and its behaviour is the same as described above as it is linked to the Business Partner.
Besides, the system populates below data:
- The document No., which is the Requisition number
- The requester, which is the user entering the requisition
The requester can then move to the "Lines" tab to enter additional data.
Each requisition line is a product demand for a specific date.
Requisition "Lines" tab collects below demand data:
- The need by date, that is the date when the product is required to arrive
- The product, items/products which need to be purchased.
- The quantity requested
- The business partner. This is an optional field end-user can enter if the supplier entered at the requisition header needs to be changed for a particular line.
- if there is no a supplier entered at the requisition header, neither at the requisition line, the supplier used will be the one setup by default for the product, therefore this field at line level, can also be used to overwrite that defaulted one.
- The purchase price list, this is also an optional field that can be entered if the price list entered at the header level or the default product price list information should be overwritten for a particular line.
- The net list price, this one is the price of the corresponding price list for a given date. It's an optional field that can be filled in automatically based on the price list entered at the header level or it could be overwritten by the end-user for a particular product line.
- The net unit price, this one can be either equal to the net list price or not, base on the formula: [net unit price = net list price - discount]. It's an optional field that can be filled in automatically based on the price list entered at the header level or it could be overwritten by the end-user for a particular product line.
- The discount, if any based on a price list used.
It is possible to enter as many requisitions lines as products demand.
The last step is to register the "Requisition" as "Complete" by using the header button "Complete", then:
- Requisition header status bar informs us that the Requisition is "Completed".
- Requisition lines status bar informs us that the "Matched purchase order quantity" for each line is equal to 0, as there is no a purchase order linked to each requisition line yet, and the requisition line/s status is "Open".
It is important to remark that "Requisitions" does not have any impact on:
- Items quantity on hand
- Items costing
Matched PO Lines
Once a requisition line has a purchase order line linked to it, the purchase order line information is shown in this tab.
Full list of Requisition window fields and their descriptions is available in the Requisition Screen Reference.