Retail:By Total Discounts
By Total Discounts is an optional free commercial module that can be installed on top of Openbravo for Retail distribution starting from RR14Q2.
It provides implementation for Discounts regarding total ticket price rules.
|By Total Discounts are intended to be used only from WebPOS. This means tickets created from WebPOS will be applied with these discount types, if available, but they will not be applied to tickets directly created in backoffice.|
This module provides 3 new types of discounts, all of them applied regarding total price of the whole ticket.
- Percentage Discount per Total Amount. A determined percentage is applied to all (applicable) lines one the ticket has reached a minimum amount.
- Discount per Total Amount. A given amount is discounted from the ticket once it has been reached a minimum amount. Note discounted amount is shared proportionally among all (applicable) lines in the ticket.
- Free Products per Total Amount. Once the ticket has reached a minimum amount items defined as free are sell at 0 cost. Note free items are not automatically added to the ticket, they require to be included by the cashier.
Starting from 1.0.300 these discounts can be applied manually :
- Variable Percentage Discount per Total Amount. A determined variable percentage is applied to all lines.
- Fixed Percentage Discount per Total Amount. A determined fixed percentage is applied to all lines.
- Variable Discount per Total Amount. A given amount is discounted from the ticket once. Note discounted variable amount is shared proportionally among all lines in the ticket.
- Fixed Discount per Total Amount. A given amount is discounted from the ticket once. Note discounted fixed amount is shared proportionally among all lines in the ticket.
As all Discounts and Promotions, they are defined from Discounts_and_Promotions window.
When selecting as Type any of the 3 ones provided by the module the Total Receipt field will be shown and required to be set. This is the minimum amount the ticket required to be reached to be able to apply the discount.
Regarding the type the following information is also required:
- Percentage Discount per Total Amount. Percentage is the percentage to be discounted.
- Discount per Total Amount. Amount to be discounted from ticket.
- Free Products per Total Amount. A new Free Products tab will be shown where it is possible to define the list of products and which quantity of each of them will that can be in the ticket. Note that if more than one product is defined in this list, it means all of these products can be included as free.
|All By Total discounts work always as not apply next. This means when one of these discounts is applied no other one can be applied on top of it. Though it is possible to apply a By Total discount on top of another discounts that allows chaining.|
- Allow multiple instances per line. This check allows to apply more than once this promotion in the ticket. This check is show for the following bytotal discount types.
- Variable Percentage Discount per Total Amount
- Fixed Percentage Discount per Total Amount
- Variable Discount per Total Amount
- Fixed Discount per Total Amount
Since 22Q1 it is possible to define different percentage or discount amounts to be applied depending on the total amount of the order. To do this, first the discount must be defined to use "Scaled" type:
Then, a new subtab will be available, and here you can define which should be the discount, for different order total amounts:
How They are Applied
By Total discounts, as the rest of discounts, are applied based on Priority and Apply Next Discount/Promotion (though they are always, even not explicitly defined, preventing other discounts to be applied once they are).
When computing total ticket price to determine whether it is possible to apply or not the discount, the lines that are taken into account are the ones that do not have a discount with a higher priority that prevents others to be applied. If it is possible to apply the discount it will only be applied to the lines that are applicable, this is the ones that participated in the total amount computation.
Products: A price 10€ B price 20€
Discounts: Fixed 10% percentage to product A, priority 1, stops chain 5% By total ticket if >=45€, priority 2
A x 1 10.00 -10% -1.00 B x 1 20.00 Total 29.00€
A x 1 10.00 -10% -1.00 B x 2 40.00 Total 49.00€
In this case it is not possible to apply By Total discount because only line with product B is computed for total as line with product A has already been applied with a discount with higher priority that prevents others to be applied on top.
A x 1 10.00 -10% -1.00 B x 3 60.00 -5% -3.00 Total 66.00€
Now there ticket has a price enough to be applied with By Total, it is only applied to line B as A is already blocked.
Best Deal Case Mode
When working in Best Deal Mode, By Total discounts are calculated when the ticket is about to be paid. At this moment the ticket is evaluated with the available By Total discounts and with the rest of available discounts and it is applied the best of the cases.
Following the previously defined example:
A x 1 10.00 -10% -1.00 B x 3 60.00 Total 69.00€
Before paying, it would be seen in this way. When it is going to be paid Best Deal Case is computed having these two options:
Option 1 (By Total is not computed):
A x 1 10.00 -10% -1.00 B x 3 60.00 Total 69.00€
Option 2 (By Total is computed but not other ones):
A x 1 10.00 -5% -0.50 B x 3 60.00 -5% -3.00 Total 66.50€
In this case Option 2 would be selected because the total discount is higher than in Option 1.