It provides implementation for "Combo" Discount Rule.
A combo includes one or many families of products, each family is compound by one or many products. Each family participating in a combo defines:
- Quantity: Number of items of any product in the family required to be possible to apply the discount.
- Discount: Determines how the discount is applied to each of the items in the family once the discount is applied.
In order to be possible to apply the discount, the ticket requires to have at least as many items of any of the products in each family as the Quantity set within it.
Once this quantity is reached, the discount will be applied to all items in the family that are part of the combo. In case the combo can alternatively be applied to different products, the most expensive ones are selected. If there are more items of a product than the required to complete the combo, it will be applied only to the required ones, that rest of items of that product will be split in a new line, being possible to participate in other combos.
Combos are defined in Discounts_and_Promotions window.
Discount/Promotion Type field needs to be set to Combo.
Included Product Categories and Included Products fields should be kept as All excluding defined beacause product definition is not done in this case pupulating the standard Products and Product Category tabs, but defining Families of products.
Families within a Combo are configured in Family tab. Note that in order a combo to be applied, it requires all its families to be completed.
The fields to complete are:
- Name: Family's name, it is displayed in combo selector.
- Quantity: Number of items required to complete the family. Note this number can be obtained by summing units of the different products in the family.
- Discount Type: Which is the way the products in the family will be discounted, possible values are:
- Fixed Discount: How much (in Price List's currency) is discounted from each product.
- Fixed Price: Final price (in Price List's currency) that each of the products in the family will be set.
- Percentage: Percentage to discount from each of the products in the family.
Once defined, combos are applied when tickets are created in WebPOS based on the same rule other discounts are.
When products are added to the ticket, they are checked to verify if it is possible to apply a Combo, if so, it is applied.
Alternatively it is possible to use Combo Selector.
When there are defined Combos, a new Combo Product Category appears in Browse tab, within this category all available combos are present.
Tapping on a Combo from the list, combo selector is opened.
This selector allows to select the products required for each family, once completed, Apply button becomes active, by tapping it, all the selected items will be added to the ticket.