It provides implementation for "Combo" Discount Rule.
A combo includes one or many families of products, each family is compound by one or many products. Each family participating in a combo defines:
- Quantity: Number of items of any product in the family required to be possible to apply the discount.
- Discount: Determines how the discount is applied to each of the items in the family once the discount is applied.
In order to be possible to apply the discount, the ticket requires to have at least as many items of any of the products in each family as the Quantity set within it.
Once this quantity is reached, the discount will be applied to all items in the family that are part of the combo. In case the combo can alternatively be applied to different products, the most expensive ones are selected. If there are more items of a product than the required to complete the combo, it will be applied only to the required ones, that rest of items of that product will be split in a new line, being possible to participate in other combos.
Combos are defined in Discounts_and_Promotions window.
Discount/Promotion Type field needs to be set to Combo.
Included Product Categories and Included Products fields should be kept as All excluding defined beacause product definition is not done in this case pupulating the standard Products and Product Category tabs, but defining Families of products.
Allow Increase Line Price
This new feature provides the ability to configure the Combo Discount to allow/deny increase the line price.
Families within a Combo are configured in Family tab. Note that in order a combo to be applied, it requires all its families to be completed.
The fields to complete are:
- Name: Family's name, it is displayed in combo selector.
- Quantity: Number of items required to complete the family. Note this number can be obtained by summing units of the different products in the family.
- Discount Type: Which is the way the products in the family will be discounted, possible values are:
- Fixed Discount: How much (in Price List's currency) is discounted from each product.
- Fixed Price: Final price (in Price List's currency) that each of the products in the family will be set.
- Percentage: Percentage to discount from each of the products in the family.
Products in Family
Products in a Combo is defined in Products in Family tab.
The fields required are:
- Product: Family possible product
- Active: Indicates if the product is available to be selected in Combo's family
Products and Prices in Family
Two new changes has been introduced if a Family of Discount Type Fixed Price is selected
- The tab Products in Family changes to Products and Prices in Family
- Each record in the tab, now has a new field that could be filled:
- Fixed Price: In case this field is set, once the combo is added in WebPOS with this product, the fixed price used is the one defined at Product level instead of family level. If this field is not set, the fixed price used is the one defined at Family level (as it was before).
Once defined, combos are applied when tickets are created in WebPOS based on the same rule other discounts are.
When products are added to the ticket, they are checked to verify if it is possible to apply a Combo, if so, it is applied.
Alternatively it is possible to use Combo Selector.
When there are defined Combos, a new Combo Product Category appears in Browse tab, within this category all available combos are present.
Tapping on a Combo from the list, combo selector is opened.
This selector allows to select the products required for each family, once completed, Apply button becomes active, by tapping it, all the selected items will be added to the ticket.
Combo Selector Improvements
In Combo Discount module has been included some new changes to improve the combo selector UX. The list of UX improvemets could be check in this list:
- Added a new field in Family subtab of Discounts & Promotions window called Sequence Number to be able to configure the order of families in the combo selector.
- Family names can be translated to other languages
- Improve Combo Popup UI using new style technologies.
- Introduced functional changes in combo selector:
- If a family only has 1 product, the family is automatically completed once the popup is shown.
- If all families can be completed before opening the combo selector, the combo is automatically added to the receipt.
- When the user manually completes a family, the next uncompleted family is selected automatically (if there is any).
- The products selected for a family are shown inside family button to indicate the user which products has been added.
- Improve combo selector in devices with small screen to use as much as possible the space abailable
Combo Fixed Price
Combo fixed price is the promotion type included in 1.0.400 version, it has been included in the Discount/Promotion Type field.
The application of the discount is the same that the combo discount. As opposed to combo discount you have to define the total price of combo in Combo Fixed Price field. The Definition section contain combo fixed price field where you can configure the total price of combo.