There are different methods to deliver products in WebPOS. A customer can opt from taking it directly from the store, to collect it from a specific warehouse or having it delivered by a courier.
The delivery modes are:
- Pick and carry: The customer takes the product in the moment that it is paid. Therefore, the product needs to be in stock.
- Pickup in store: The customer will pick up the product in a different day. The product may not have stock.
- Pickup in store with date: The customer will pick up the product in a specific, agreed date. A date needs to be chosen when selecting this option. The product may not have stock.
- Home Delivery: The product will be delivered to the customer, in a specific date and time. A date and time need to be chosen when selecting this option. The product may not have stock.
This module also allows to issue order lines containing products with delivery modes other than Pick and carry.
To install the module (an Openbravo Professional instance is needed because it is a commercial module):
- Login as System Administrator
- Navigate to General Setup -> Application -> Module Management.
- Click the Add Modules tab.
- Find the Retail Delivery Modes module within the list of available modules.
- Click on Install Now and follow the guided installation flow.
Starting from RR19Q3 Delivery Modes module is not needed anymore.
Delivery Modes functionality is now available in Web POS enabling a new preference called Web POS Enable Delivery Modes.
Is possible, at product level, to configure the default delivery modes for orders, as well as for layaways.
The default delivery mode for products is Pick and carry, unless a mode has been set in Product window for orders and/or layaways. Delivery modes are only applied to products with type other than 'Service'.
Adding a product without stock to a ticket is not allowed if delivery mode is Pick and carry for orders or layaways.
In WebPOS, there is a new button that appears in the EDIT section when clicking on a product and it's called “Delivery Modes”. When clicking on it, the "Line Delivery Modes" pop up is opened with a list of all the existent delivery modes.
If the delivery mode "Pickup in store with date" is selected, a new field "Delivery Date" appears.
When applying, the selected delivery mode and date are displayed in the product line:
If the delivery mode "Home Delivery" is selected, two new fields "Delivery Date" and "Delivery Time" appear.
When applying, the selected delivery mode, date and time are displayed in the product line:
Issue Sales Order
The candidate orders to be issued can be selected through the menu Issue Sales Order. Only lines with delivery modes other than Pick and carry and quantities pending to issue will be shown. Lines belonging to layaway orders are not considered.
Selecting the Issue Sales Order will show the order selector popup. This selector allows to filter by:
- Document No.: Order document number
- Order Date: Order creation date
- Customer: Order customer
- Delivery Mode.: Order line delivery mode
- Delivery Date: Order line delivery date
Selecting order lines to issue
Once applied the filter, the returned orders are shown
The order lines pending to issue matching the filter criteria are listed, grouped by orders. For each order/line retrieved the following information is supplied
For orders: Shown Document Number, Customer, Order date For orders lines: Line number, Ordered quantity, Pending quantity to issue, Delivery date, Product Name, Information icon, Quantity to issue, Warehouse, Delivery method.
Select All / Unselect All
Is possible select or unselect all lines using the button "Select All". When pressed all lines are set quantity to pending quantity and the button is changed to "Unselect All" to revert this change, setting all lines quantity to zero.
The Order Preparation Lines always have additional information to show through the information button (i) or (i+). The icon shown depend if the line only contains standard information like: SearchKey, Name, UPC/EAN or has more information like resource reservations.
When the user clicks on the info button, the following popup will be displayed (depend of information available):
To issue a line, the following options are provided:
- Check button: In the left side we have a "check" button, it has two behaviors depending on the color of the button:
- Click on check button with gray color on a line: Set quantity to pending quantity for the line
- Click on check button with gray color on an order: Set quantity to pending quantity for all the order lines
- Click on check button with green color on a line: Set quantity to zero for the line
- Click on check button with green color on an order: Set quantity to zero for all the order lines
- -/+ buttons: Decrement/Increment quantity
- Quantity editor: Set quantity by hand
To change the warehouse where get product for delivery, use the button on top right. It showing a dialog with a list of on-hand warehouses with available stock. Select an item from list to change the warehouse.
When a refined filter criteria is needed the "Advanced Filters" button can be used to open the following dialog to combine different filters.
Issuing Sales Order lines
After preparing the selected order lines, the Goods Shipment document number generated will be shown.
Invoices will be generated if requirements are met.