Retail:Fiscal printers support
This document describes how to install, configure and use the Fiscal printers support module. This module it is not needed to print fiscal documents to fiscal printers but includes functionality to help to configure and use fiscal printers.
To use fiscal printers, you need also to install and configure it. In the Hardware an Peripherals Guide is explained the process to do it.
To install the module (an Openbravo Professional instance is needed because it is a commercial module):
- Login as System Administrator.
- Navigate to General Setup -> Application -> Module Management
- Click on the Add Modules tab.
- Find the Fiscal printers module within the list of available values.
- Click on the Install Now and follow the guided flow.
Master data configuration
Fiscal printers store payments and taxes and each payment and tax stored in the fiscal printer have their own identifier. Openbravo for Retail needs to map Payment methods and Taxes to the payments and taxes stored in the fiscal printer.
Configure Payment Methods
In the menu, go to the POS Terminal Type window, select the POS terminal type yo want to configure and go to the tab Payment Method here you should have some payment methods created. For each payment method you must fill in the field Fiscal identifier. This value must match with the corresponding payment method in the fiscal printer.
In the menu, go to the Tax Rate window, select taxes that are configured to be used in your POS Terminal Type with your product assortment. For each tax you must fill in the field Fiscal identifier. This value must match with the corresponding tax stored in the fiscal printer. You must also verify that taxes calculation in Openbravo and in the fiscal printer are the same. Usually you only have to verify that the Rate value in the Tax Rate record has the same value as the tax stored in the fiscal printer.
Configure fiscal printers
Read through the Hardware and Peripherals Guide to install and configure properly your fiscal printers.
Create the fiscal document templates
To define the fiscal documents template you must create a new module to define the templates that will be used. These templates are XML files that define the layout and logic of the fiscal documents. This Fiscal printers module provides in the /res folder samples for all these documents that can be used out of the box.
To create this module that includes the fiscal document templates you can follow the guide How to create and modify new receipt documents from other module. The reference for the fiscal documents schema can be found in the Receipt and Customer display documents document.
To use these default templates provided, just go to the Store window and in the Web POS Formats section select the fiscal templates. Note that these templates are sample templates. It is recommended to create your own templates adapted to your business requirements.
- Default Fiscal Receipt Template. This is the template used to print regular receipts. The sample template prints a fiscal receipt when closing a receipt and a non fiscal receipt when printing a draft.
- Default Fiscal Closed Receipt Template. This template is used to print copies of regular receipts. This template depends on the preference Allows to print closed receipts as fiscal documents. If this preference is not activated this template always prints a non fiscal document. In case it is activated, a dialog is displayed to the user asking to print a fiscal or a non fiscal document.
- Default Fiscal Invoice Template. This is the template used when printing invoices. The sample template prints a fiscal invoice when closing the invoice and a non fiscal receipt when printing a draft.
- Default Fiscal Return Template. This template is used to print returns. The sample template prints a non fiscal receipt in all cases.
- Default Fiscal Return Invoice Template. This template is used to print return invoices. The sample template prints a non fiscal receipt in all cases.
- Default Fiscal Report Z Template. The sample template prints a fiscal Z report. This template is used to print the summary sales report at the end of the cash up process and to reset the totals accumulated in the fiscal printer.
- Default Fiscal Cash management Template. This template is used to print the summary report at the end of the cash management process. the sample template prints a cash management receipt for each cash movement done in the cash management process.
Printing the Fiscal X Report
This module adds a new menu option to print the Fiscal X Report. This document prints a summary sales report but without reseting the totals accumulated in the fiscal printer. This menu entry has the same permissions definition as the Cash up process.