Retail:Payment Methods grouping by Provider User Guide
This functionality allows payment methods who share the same payment provider showing only one payment button. Depending the card processed by the payment provider the appropriate payment method is added to the WebPOS receipt.
This simplifies and reduces mistakes in the payment flow. The cashier is no longer responsible of selecting the correct payment method depending on the customer card. Now is the payment provider who takes this responsibility.
Payment provider installation
To use this functionality you need to install the Payment provider module you will use to process payment transactions with Web POS or in the case the Payment provider is a Hardware Manager plugin compatible with the "Standard payment provider"
To configure the payments you need first to create a group. To do this go to the "Provider Group" window and create a new record, then fill in the required fields and save. Then fields in this window are:
- Provider. The name of the payment provider that will be used to process the payment transactions of this group.
- Name. The name of the group. A translatable value of the text that will be displayed in the button of the payments panel in Web POS.
- Description. The description of the group. A translatable value of the text that will be displayed in the Web POS dialog when processing payment transactions of this group.
Payment methods configuration
Once the group is created you can configure payment methods. Go to the window “POS Terminal Type”, here select the terminal type to configure and go to the tab “Payment Method”.
In each of the payment methods to group you have to edit the following fields:
- Provider Group. Here select the provider group defined in the previous step.
- Payment Method Type. Here select one of the types defined by the provider. This type will be used to identify this payment method to be selected after the payment provider processes the payment in WebPOS.
Note that when you select a Provider group the legacy fields Payment Provider and Refund provider will be hidden. This means that payments for this payment method will be processed with the Provider selected in the Provider Group, not with the legacy Payment Provider and Refund Provider.
When selecting a Provider Group the following constraints apply because all payment methods under the same Provider group will be grouped in the same payment button in WebPOS:
- All payments with the same Provider Group must share the same currency value.
- First payment method of a Provider Group defines the permissions for the payment button displayed in WebPOS for the Payment Group.
- All payments with a defined Provider Group must have the Payment Method Category empty.
Once Payment Provider has been properly configured and the Payment groups defined you can enter in Web POS and operate as usual.
In the payment panel the cashier will see only one button for all the payment methods that share Payment Group labeled as defined in the Payment Group. When selecting this button to pay a receipt the Payment Provider will process the payment and depending on the result, for example the card type used by the customer: VISA, AMEX, ... The configured payment method will be added to the receipt.
- Payment provider. Third party component to process payments. For example a pinpad device plus an Openbravo module that integrates its functionality in Openbravo Web POS. See Payment Gateways Guide.
- Standard payment provider. A payment provider that integrates with Openbravo POS using a Hardware Manager plugin that follows all the Standard payment provider specification. This kind of payment providers do not need an integration Openbravo module just the Hardware Manager plugin.
- Hardware Manager. The generic Openbravo component that interfaces WebPOS with all common POS hardware like receipt printers, customer displays, cash drawers, RFID scanners, scales, and payment providers.