Openbravo for Retail 1.1.5 is available
Release date: July 25th, 2012
Openbravo for Retail 1.1.5 is the first public release in the Retail Series.
This release delivers a fully functional distribution intended for:
As always, you are encouraged to share feature ideas or problems with us, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discuss it via the social media channels (Google +,Facebook, Twitter.
Openbravo for Retail is a multichannel retail management solution that is affordable, comprehensive and fully adaptable for managing an entire retail business, from sales and customer relationships to financials and operations, across different channels. The complete solution includes a fully integrated Point of Sale (POS), implemented as a web option that works both on- and offline and can be deployed on any commodity mobile touch screen device with a browser. Openbravo for Retail reinforces the product's position of both technological and functional leadership in the open source business application environment.
Built over the powerful 100% web based, open source Openbravo 3 platform, Openbravo for Retail provides a best-in-class user experience, with key end user oriented features such as alerts, direct links to documents, notes and attachments that enhance individual productivity and boost team work and collaboration. Read more about Openbravo 3´s powerful user interface in the User Interface Introduction.
Thanks to its breadth and robust platform, Openbravo for Retail can help any kind of retailer leverage IT to drive better business results:
- Brick-and-mortar retailers, seeking a modern retail solution to improve operations and customer experience, while also providing support for opening the web channel
- E-Commerce retailers, seeking a scalable solution with a clear cost model for their current or new franchisees and owned stores, to increase network performance and reduce time-to-market when opening new stores
- Retailers seeking a solution to support international operations,with multi-language and multi-accounting schema capabilities
Openbravo 3 Platform Empowers organizations worldwide to improve business performance through increased productivity and business agility--while delivering superior ROI over the long term.
- Fully web based
- Highly productive user interface
- Fully interoperable
Product Lifecycle Management Items management, pricing, assortments... Openbravo for Retail extends the standard functionality of Openbravo 3 with specific retail characteristics.
- TAX included prices
- Retail or Distribution price lists management
- Price list versions and base price lists for price calculation
- Site price lists, at stores or store groups levels
- Site assortments, at stores or store groups levels
Supply Chain Management For complete procurement management, warehouses and distribution centers management.
- Support for replenishment, purchasing planning and execution for stores and warehouses
- Purchase orders, goods receipts and invoicing
- Warehouses and distribution centers management at bin level
- Merchandise distribution
- Physical inventory and stock valuation
Multichannel Support for multiple channel operations.
- Customer management
- Support to wholesaler activities
- Sales orders, goods shipments and invoicing
- Fully integrated point of sale functionality with Openbravo POS
- Browse by products or product categories
- Manual discounts or price overwrites
- Multiple tickets simultaneously
- Multiple payment methods in a ticket (cash, card, voucher)
- Ticket invoicing
- Cash operations with cash deposits or withdrawals, with the capacity to indicate a reason
- Step-by-step cash up process
- Real time visibility into inventory, sales and cash
- E-commerce operations support by integrating third party e-commerce platforms like Magento, and synchronizing master data and sales
Enterprise Management Full support for all horizontal processes.
- Organizational structure set up, with the capacity of creating organizations as stores or store groups
- Financial and Accounting, with support for international operations thanks to its multi-currency, multi-language and multi-schema accounting
- Accounts receivables and payables, with a powerful engine for managing multiple payment methods, bank reconciliation and financial accounts among other key features--which work together to provide full visibility into the cash position
- Fixed assets management, for creating assets cards and depreciation plans
- Support for Human Resource management, including employee cards, and commissioning models
- Document management, enabling attachment of any kind of document to any object in the data model. Extended functionality with modules like Content Management
- E-learning support, by using powerful content widgets or extension modules like Frequently Asked Questions
- CRM, with a complete customer card and full visibility into orders and invoice history
Business Intelligence Support for strategic and operational decision support with: Dashboards
- Multiple lists and multidimensional reports
- Easy integration with external BI tools like Pentaho
- Widgets about best selling products, products categories per store, best selling salesmen, customer or stores, with detailed information about total sales, costs, margins and markups
- For additional information visit Business Intelligence.
In addition, standard functionality can be extended by installing modules like *Warehouse Transactions Management, Consignment Sales, Intercompany documents o la Advanced Human Resources.
Check the complete list of the new functionality in the Openbravo development roadmap. Available features are marked with a delivered sign ).
We have set up a demo environment so that it's easier for you to test this release.
The web based Point of Sale is intended for traditional brick and mortar retailer seeking a new centralized POS solution that can either be implemented standalone or with the fully integrated back office.
You can also access the retail back office directly that supports both channel & head office processes.
Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
To learn how to configure Openbravo for Retail, consult the Configuration Guide.
For advice in choosing and setting up hardware, visit the dedicated Hardware and Peripherals Guide.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of Openbravo for Retail. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions and Tools.
Please discover the full range of modular extensions in the Openbravo Forge (use the filter option to filter by Module Name), with an easy-to-browse catalog of commercial modules available in Openbravo Exchange.
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Openbravo 3.0 Documentation.
- Learn more about the benefits of Openbravo Professional Edition.
- Learn more about the open source Openbravo project
Related blog posts:
- Wow! 2 billion order lines per year, really? How much of that data can be stored offline?
- Does your business generate 2 billion order lines per year?
- Is the Nexus 7 the Ideal In-store Retail Device?
- Openbravo Mobile Web Preview (Web POS example)
- Web POS Graphical Design
- Openbravo Web POS
- Openbravo Web POS Vision (English)
- Vista Previa Web TPV (Español)
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge. In particular we would like to thank:
- Business Partner ClearDrop for the valuable feedback to the UX design and functional specifications
- Barrabes Outdoor Store for providing us with their product catalogue images
- Vincent Scattolin who was so kind to share his wonderful action photography with us to use in our retail theme.
Many others collaborated with the Openbravo team in different ways. We can not mention all of you but we really appreciate your invaluable help. We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.