Openbravo Commerce Platform 3.0 RR14Q2 is available
Release date: May 7th, 2014
Pack version: 1.8.330
- Warehouse to Sell From: Ability to select during a sale a warehouse from which goods are shipped.
- Web POS Login Process Review: Improves performance, reliability, error message handling of the Web POS login process.
- Allow changing background image: Makes it possible to change the background image which is shown when logging into WebPOS.
- Offline Cash Up and Cash Management: Support cash up and cash management operations when being offline.
- Approval to delete a ticket or a line: Control authorization to delete a ticket or a line.
- Approval returns: Control authorization for when paying a return ticket or a ticket that has returns.
- Approval open drawer in open till: Control authorization to open the drawer when opening the till.
- Approval open drawer from menu: Control authorization to open the drawer directly from the menu.
- Approval open drawer from cashup: Control authorization to open the drawer when doing the cash up.
- Approval for changing price: Control authorization to change the price of a product in a line.
- Approval to delete suspended transactions when cashup: Control authorization to delete transactions not yet completed when doing the cashup.
- Approval when logout: Control authorization when logging out if there are open tickets .
- Offline approval actions: Support offline approval if the supervisor has logged in while being online.
- Print open tickets: Ability to print tickets when parking them.
- Print Ticket Twice: Ability to automatically print a ticket two times depending on the payment method configuration. For example, for credit card transactions.
- Absolute Time: Store the absolute local time of a sales transaction, makes it possible to compare timing of sales transactions in different timezones.
- Menu optimization: Prevent showing menu options which are not accessible for a user.
- 25503: Cash management window: when there are more than 6 payment methods set as deposit or withdrawal, only 6 buttons are shown
- 25655: Web POS should allow to group the same product in different lines
- 25647: Add ability to disable the creation of business partiners and bp locations
- 25648: Add ability to cancel the order save on the OBPOS_PreOrderSave hook
- 24398: [MULTI] When open receipt is created from quotation, those receipt are not listed in Open Tickets popup
- 25442: Cash up report issue with taxable amount
- 25544: In Verified Returns dialog, + button and - button do not work properly
- 25767: Locations that do not define 1st line field does not work properly
- 25788: error with incremental refresh and oracle environment
- 25820: Web POS does not take into account checkbox Tax exempt at Business Partner level
- 25822: If there is a problem in one request to the backend during login, the POS gets stuck in the loading window
- 25904: Web POS does not work in Oracle. One trigger fails during compilation
- 25980: Verified returns is not working fine when you update the product price
- 26087: Ticket duplication detection is wrong and in some strange cases can lead to data loss
Check the complete list of fixed issues.
- Known issues planned to be fixed soon in a upcoming RR14Q2.1 update
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Platform. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Multiple Bar Codes: Ability to have multiple barcodes per product
- POS Terminal Session Management: Adds functionality to open and close terminal sessions and assign a business date to POS Terminal sessions.
- Multiple Bar Codes for retail: Support multiple barcodes for the same product.
- Training Mode: Support training mode, i.e. work in Web POS without actually sending data to the backend.
- Discounts: Combos: Ability to select a combo or the system to calculate the promotion combo.
- Discounts: Best Deal Case: Computes the best possible combination of discounts to obtain the maximum discount for a customer.
- Discounts: By Total: New discounts based on total ticket prices, supporting percentage discount, amount discount and free items.
- Copy Terminal and Store: Fast way to create new terminals and stores by copying existing ones.
- Best Sellers per Terminal Type: Ability to define best selling products per terminal type.
- Copy best seller per terminal type: Support copying best sellers per terminal type when copying a store.
- Default Business Partner per Terminal: Next to the store level now it is possible to set up default business partner per terminal.
- Flash Report: Sales report in Web POS
- Product Description Display: Ability to show the product search+name in the search panel.
- Tax Exempt: Tax exempt support in Web POS.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR14Q2 release. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Commerce Platform and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce platform, consult the Configuration Guide.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.