Openbravo Commerce platform 3.0 RR14Q3 is available
Release date: August 7th, 2014
Pack version: 1.8.601
Maturity Status: QAA (CS promotion: September 30th, 2014)
- Drawer status detection: adds the functionality to detect the open/close status of the cash drawer
- Add button Open Drawer in Cash Management: gives the user the possibility to open the drawer directly from cash management
- Print PDF files in WebPOS: adds functionality to print PDF reports/files from POS through the HW manager
- Improved operations in the not stable internet connection environments: this functionality improves the robustness of OB WebPOS in unstable network environments. The new functionalities include improved fallover modes, better ways of detecting off-line mode and data-sync optimizations.
- Failure proof tickets savings: improvements to further ensure that ticket information is always transferred from Web POS to the backoffice ERP.
- Enhance/Improve Discounts & Promotions: the goal of this improvement is to make discounting and promotions work more flexible but also more stable and predictable in case of different quantity distributions of products accross ticket lines.
- Secure WebPOS operation: Enhanced Terminal Authentication: functionality to control and authorize specific devices to connect to the backend, linking the device to a specific POS Terminal.
- OB for Retail Indexes Review: provides performance improvements by adding new backoffice and Web POS indexes to the ERP/retail tables.
- Chrome browser full screen mode in Android devices: adds the ability to run Web POS in Chrome in full screen mode on Android devices. Before this was only possible using native Android devices.
- HW Documentation: improved documentation and specification of the recommended hardware configuration for Web POS and peripherals
- HW Manager USB Integration, USB printer support: adds direct USB support to the HW manager, allowing peripherals to be connected through USB with Openbravo's Web POS
- Basic audit capabilities for receipts sent to Hardware Manager: all receipts printed by the Hardware Manager are also stored in a logging file for auditing purposes.
- 26151: UPC/EAN field does not support "-" character.
- 26156: Wrong message If you try to pay a return.
- 26280: Some bluetooth bardcode reader does not work in IOS 7.1.
- 26291: Buy X pay Y of different product is not calculating fine the total.
- 26304: System wrongly allows manual user to generate invoice, for whom invoice option is disabled.
- 26364: When switching to offline mode, not always the message of the connection was lost is shown.
- 26388: "Discounts and Promotions" tab in Sales Order not visible.
- 26380: It is possible to create an overpayment when you are creating a return.
- 26426: Not possible to show by default the cash payment method with the numeric pad on the screen.
- 26444: Invoices with total gross amount of 0 should not have a payment plan.
- 26485: Impossible to return all the lines when you are using COMBOS.
- 26489: Ipad does not keep Web POS sessions active.
- 26512: amounts in return receipts are wrong calculated.
- 26625: Cannot save a Customer of another Organization.
- 26740: Disable the pay button until the discounts have been applied.
- 26769: USB IDs are not parse properly.
- 26806: The total expected in the Count cash step in Cash up is always zero.
- 26837: Impossible to set counted value in cash up for some payment types.
- 26921: 20 tills opened at the same time.
- 26954: When termInfo is null an uuid error is raised.
Check the complete list of fixed issues.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Platform. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
- Retail Analytics: Retail cubes and main reports leveraging Openbravo Analytics
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR14Q3 release. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Commerce Platform and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Platform, consult the Configuration Guide.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.