Openbravo Commerce platform 3.0 RR15Q2 is available
Release date: May 6th, 2015
Pack version: 1.8.1104
|With 3.0RR15Q2 new major version of the Openbravo Appliance (14.04) is available. It is the version to use for any new install. We also strongly recommend migrating existing installations to it.
Please find here a list of important improvements in the appliance and a migration How to.
- Verified Returns - never return more than what got sold: Prevent returning more than what gets sold.
- Cross Terminal Layaways - Separating the Sales and Payment function in different Terminals: This development makes it possible to create a layaway in one terminal and pay it in another terminal. This gives new possibilities in organizing stores and terminals.
- WebPOS - Web Sql Update Improvement Process: The WebPos Update Improvement developments have as goal to ensure that if the WebPos modules are updated on the server side, that also the web sql database is updated when appropriate.
- Payment Method Hierarchy: Ability to group payment methods in two levels
- Cash up configuration at POS terminal : Ability to configure cash up at POS terminal (not only at POS terminal type)
- Business Partners on Hold: Do not allow to select the Business Partners that are On Hold on WebPOS
- Leave Payment Methods as Credit: Give the possibility to set the Payment Methods of WebPOS as Leave as credit and leave them without Financial Account
- Do not invoice during cashup: Ability to configure not to invoice the ticket during the cashup. That ticket will be invoices later using the backoffice
- 28873: Cash up success message can take minutes
- 28833: The OrderLoader performance when computing the stock information can be improved
- 29019: Sales order documentno's can be repeated in Web POS
- 28339: The performance of Web POS when you add product is not really good in all computers
- 28394: Cash up creation date is not properly set in the ERP when the cash up is synchronized
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Platform. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Retrieve the unitary cost of every product in the WebPOS: This module retrieves the unitary cost of every product for operations based on the cost
- Margin Indicator: The purpose of this project is to implement a visual indicator that helps to understand how far the final price is comparing with its cost
- Range discount approval per role: Ability to define discount ranges and ask for approvals when being in one of these ranges
- Sell at cost price: New discount Sell at cost price
- Approval when price below the cost: Approval when the price of the product is below the cost of the product
- Coupons: Coupons based on Discount and promotions
- Coupons code generation: Generation of coupon codes
- Auto BOM for retail: Ability to create automatically a BOM production when these kind of products are sold from the WebPOS
- Loyalty infrastructure: Implementation of a Loyalty Management Infrastructure that allows integrations with third parties loyalty programs
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR15Q2 release. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Commerce Platform and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Platform, consult the Configuration Guide.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Openbravo Commerce 3.0 RR15Q2 includes Openbravo ERP Platform 3.0 PR15Q2.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.