Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR16Q1 is available
Release date: March 15th, 2016
Pack version: 1.8.1703
- Add Use on Web POS flag in Characteristics: Ability to configure whether that concrete characteristic will be used or not in webpos. Might be useful when having lots of characteristics but not all of them useful in webpos
- Ability to load receipts with products which are not included in assortment: Receipts with products which are no longer part of the assortment can be loaded, and can also be used in layaways to add partial payments, or can be returned.
- Add PreSetPrice Hook: Create a Hook that will be executed before the price gets changed (setPrice function)
- Product Characteristic/Brand Search High Volume: Support product characteristic and brand search in high volume product master data scenarios.
- Terminal Authentication Security. Enable by Default: Terminal Authentication functionality is now enabled by default for new customers.
- Instances will automatically start using the discounts new flow starting 16Q1: Starting 16Q1, all instances will automatically use the discounts new flow, and the old flow will be deprecated.
- The terminal should auto-lock when no activity is detected: After some (configurable) time without any user action, the terminal will automatically go into lock screen mode, and will show the login page automatically.
- Create a Hook that will be executed on the scan functionality: Add Hooks on scan functionality to allow external modules to modify the information of the UPC or to set different functionalities on scan process.
- Remote: add preference to control if the remote search uses contains or startswith: Add a preference for each type of data, as different types of data can have different volumes in the database. As a default let the preference operate with startsWith.
- Remote product, characteristic/Brand search improvement: When the search does not return any value then show all brand/char values in the brand/char values popup.
- When a payment is done, the display should be cleared and new message should be shown: It should be possible to configure a new message of welcome to the next customer
- 30981: when layaway is paid, the shipment can be created wrongly.
- 31509: Opening the EDIT panel always focuses on the last line of the ticket
- 29446: If the default BPLoc of a store doesn't match the default Loc of the BP, the Location info in a ticket is corrupt
- 29462: We get an error in iOS everytime we save an order
- 29870: when layaway order is overpaid using card, then layaway button wrongly appears in the screen
- 30236: Pressing Layaway button more than once we increment doc number
- 30410: [Stock Criteria] Products out of the limit will not be filtered by stock
- 30806: The default sales representative is by default the current logged user, even if it not a Sales representative
- 30923: a payment is not loaded when the payment method is not configured in webpos
- 31118: terminal authentication is not working with a role without permission to void layaway
- 31172: Payment Schedule details are wrong when creating Layaways in WebPOS
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Scalable Price Discount Module: Includes a new discount rule which can be used to define discounts in which the price is scaled following a specified scale (ie. "50% discount on second unit, 75% discount on third unit of a given product")
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR16Q1 release. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Commerce Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR16Q1 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR16Q1.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.