Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR16Q2 is available
Release date: June 16th, 2016
Pack version: 1.8.1903
Maturity Status: QA (CS promotion: June 31st, 2016)
- Add hook in Initial Validation: Extend Initial Validations java with a hook so third party modules can add custom validations.
- High light Best seller products on Search pannel: Give the posibility to highlight the best seller products on search tab
- Add ability to overwrite default Mobile Services: Add ability to overwrite service classes by third party modules
- Taxes calculation at document level: There is already a field in the 'Tax Rate' configuration window 'Document Tax Amount Calculation'. WEB POS must take into account this value to perform the taxes calculation
- Delete a ticket line: Keep track in the backend: Even if a line is deleted in WebPOS, its necessary to maintain the line somehow to synch it to the back office. This line in the back office should not affect existing sales reports, and should be marked differently (status=cancelled) to be able to do some reporting assuming this line deletion has happened for user mistakes
- Delete a ticket: Keep track in the backend: Be able to configure Web POS not to delete the receipts.
Using a configuration (preference), when the user remove the ticket, this one is going to be synchronized with the ERP with Total 0 and order quantities equals to zero
- Multiple Selection in Tickets: The aim of the project is to provide multiple selection capabilities to the ticket lines
- Cashup process: Define a limit for differences: Ability to define a limit for differences when doing the cashup. This configuration must be set as payment method level and in general (The sum of all differences). When then the difference is above the limit the approval must be displayed asking for a reason
- Print Twice functionality should work at POS Terminal Type level: Currently there is the possibility to specify at payment method level if a ticket should be printed twice. However, it would be very useful to be able to specify this at terminal level for conveniency, and also to ensure that this functionality can be used also in layaways without payment.
- Ability to print a closed ticket (Invoice): Ability to print again a closed ticket that also has an invoice. In this case it will also print the associated invoice with its new format
- Improvements in Shared Payment Device functionality: Currently, the Shared Payment Methods functionality require that the users execute the cashup process in all slave terminals before doing it in the master, even in the case those terminals weren't used at all. This project will improve the functionality so that the cashup is not needed in this case.
- Don't merge lines with negative and positive quantities: In some scenarios a ticket can have negative lines (i.e return lines) and positive lines (regular lines). In these scenarios the system is merging these lines. This is wrong. It must keep the lines as they are
- Document number clickable: The document number that is shown in the ticket must be clickable. This action will open the receipt property window dialog
- Configure to allow or not anonymous layaways: Ability to configure whether can be possible to layaway or not a ticket having an anonymous customer
- Services: Ability to configure and assign services to products when selling a product
- Be able to define cross channel warehouses in the ERP for the Commerce solution: Create a new tab "Cross Channel Warehouse" in window "Organization" in order to define which will be the warehouses that Web POS will use to see the stock
- Update Jasper Libraries in Hardware Manager: Jasper libraries were updated in the ERP. Now the same needs to be done in the Hardware Manager.
- Support USB Printer Wincor to print receipts: Integrate printer Wincor TH230+ with HWM in order to print receipts
- Ability to increase the time of warning messages: Preferences have been added to be able to control the time warnings and errors are shown on screen
- 31828: Payment not complete and Payment plan's Outstanding amount >0 in certain cash up sales invoice
- 31892: The void layaway process does not save the cash up id correctly in its payments
- 31877: It is not possible to add twice the same verified return partially to the order when the maximum quantity is not reached
- 31838: Cash Management events are not filtered by the selected payment method
- 32043: Terminal Authentication - popup to link device is not show under certain circumstances
- 32331: Tickets not included in cashup if cashup was done offline
- 32454: [HGVOL] brands are not filtered by characteristics filters
- 32456: [Multiorders] Current cash is not updated with multiorders
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Support open/close store through the WebPOS front end: Support the open/close store functionality from the retail sessions module through the WebPOS user interface/front end.
- Modules for Remote Data Environment: Ongoing project to enable/test modules in a high volume environment.
- Allow all mobile server service setting and explicitly exclude services: OB Commerce Suite allows multi-server setup, defining for the services for different servers. A server can support all services or a list of explicitly defined/listed services. The requirement is to also support another way of defining services: to define that a server supports all services except a list of explicitly services.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR16Q2 release. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Commerce Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR16Q2 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR16Q2.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.