Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR16Q4 is available
Release date: October 31st, 2016
Pack version: 1.8.xxxx
Maturity Status: QA (CS promotion: December 31st, 2016)
- POS Terminal Performance Check: POS must execute performance check of the client environment while starting and rise corresponding message to the user if sth is wrong.
- Ability to hide information in the Cash Up window: Now it's possible to configure the Web POS so that it hides significant information from the cashier when executing the cashup process.
- Manually void layaways just if are not paid (0% paid): Define a way in the backend where configure whether a layaway can be voided or not in the WebPOS if still has not been paid at all:
-If has been paid (full or partial) cannot be voided
-If hasn't been paid can be voided
- Cancel and Replace and Cancel Layaway: New Cancel and Replace (C&R) and Cancel Layaway (CL) functionalities.
C&R, as its name indicates, cancels an existing order and replaces for a new one. This new order is a copy of the fist one and allows to add or remove not delivered products from it. The initial payments are also maintained in the new order.
A new negative order is created to negate the first order. This negative order is also a copy of the old order but with negative quantities and payments.
This functionality works both in Backend and Web POS.
CL is a functionality only available to the Web POS.
Cancels a layaway by creating a copy of that layaway order but in negative status. As C&R, only cancels not delivered products
- Split lines: This feature adds the ability to split a ticket line in two o more lines in the WebPOS
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Show the stock in the search panel: There is a module that allows to filter products by stock quantity. This new feature also allows to see the stock of a product without filtering
- Windows Configuration and DB Indexes for high volume dataset environments:
For high volume data environments performance is more important than the ability to sort/filter on any column in the ERP backoffice.
This project has as goal to deliver a module which configures windows and indexes to work in high volume environmen
- Openbravo Store Server: Delivery of the store server to be used in a multi-server environment with one or more store servers and a central server.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR16Q4 release. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Commerce Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR16Q4 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR16Q4.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.