Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR17Q2 is available
Release date: May 26th, 2017
Pack version: 1.8.2703
- Partial DB Indexes in Retail modules: Indexes in Retail modules have been reviewed, and some of them have been changed to be partial, to reduce their size
- Add approval on menu button: Create an approval on menu button to raise the popup on click the button
- Add preferences to deactivate toolbarTab buttons: Add preferences to deactivate toolbarTab buttons such as Browse, Search, Scan, etc...
- Extend Returnable Products feature: Modify "Services not returnable" functionality to allow any kind of product be marked as not returnable
- Add Currency Format at organization level: Add Currency Format at organization level in order to override Format.xml configuration
- Non-refundable payment methods: Create an structure to disable payment method buttons set as not refundable, so that for example refund vouchers, loyalty cards, etc are not allowed.
- Several hooks have been added to the Web POS: Several hooks have been added to the Web POS
- Ignore Payment Method in Cash Up Process: Right now there is no way to configure a payment method in web pos to be ignored during the cashup procress. Due to this several G/L items and financial accounts need to be configured just for this purpose
With this development we are adding a check at Payment Method level (tab located under POS Terminal Type) to be able to configure if the payment method should be counted/processed or not during the cashup.
Excluding it from the cashup process simplifies its configuration as there are several cash management events, G/L items and financial accounts that do not need to be configured
- Gift Certificates: A new type of gift card named "Gift Certificate". In this case the customer does not pay for the gift card since it is a gift from the store. Without a sales transaction a new card is created. Later on the customer can buy with that card. The credit is consumed as a regular payment method
- Gift cards new selector: Improve the current selector. Now it will show all the cards for the payment method and customer selected. It will also have advance filters
- Credit Notes: New type of gift card. This credit note is created as a result of returning a product and instead of refunding money in cash or another payment method allowed. Then the customer can buy other products using that new "gift card"
- 34730:RFID is not activated after closing popup
- 34735: incremental refresh is stopped if one masterdata query is very slow
- 34774: Log out option is not working in Mobile Physical Inventory module
- 34810: ProcessHQLQuery returns duplicates causing errors when inserting data and really slow login with many products
- 34846: Scanning could not work if the model has change but cache is not deleted
- 34899: Payments and keyboard disappear adding some products
- 35003: in offline mode, when cashup is completed, loading window is displayed forever
- 35072: The distribution of the payments is wrong in pay open tickets
- 35085: The tickets printed from multiorder have null as date
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Symmetric DS show/monitor current transactions: This feature will make it possible for the application admin to see the current open transactions which need to be replicated to the store server(s).
- New Discount type: Manual Discounts by Total: Ability to add manually a total discount. This total amount will be prorated across all lines
- New Discount type: Combo Fixed Price: New discount type for combo module. It will have a fixed price per combo, not product/family
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR17Q2 release. Check it out!
If you want to experience the full power of the Openbravo Commerce Suite and test some of its commercial modules in your own environment ask for a free 30-day trial subscription.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR17Q2 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR17Q2.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.