Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR18Q2 is available
Release date: May 9th, 2018
Pack version: 1.8.3501
- Hardware Manager Monitoring and Management: This project aims to add monitoring and management capabilities to the Hardware Manager
- Hardware Manager PDF Printing with Apache PDFBox: Apache PDFBox library is used for PDF printing with the hardware Manager and improve the performance when printing PDF reports.
- JavaPOS support in Hardware Manager: Include support for JavaPOS receipt printers, cash drawers and customer displays. https://github.com/JavaPOSWorkingGroup/javapos
- Show opened tickets related with the scanned one: Ability to show tickets that are still pending to pay (opened tickets) while scanning a ticket. These opened tickets are related through the business partner
- Negative Layaways: A preference to allow adding negative lines to layaways whenever there are no payments related
- Terminal Status Information: A new section in the POS Terminal window called "Terminal Status" has been added. This section provides current information about the terminal behavior, such as when was the last time its masterdata was refreshed, or when was the last time its cache was cleared.
- Design defect: Performance problem in incremental refresh process, with product price query: With some significant amount of price data and multiple pricelists, the query can be very slow
- Ability to apply discretionary discounts multiple times: Now it is possible to configure discretionary discounts so that the user can apply them multiple times in a given line
- 33160: OrderLoader: Not required obpos_app_cashup read at end of processPayments
- 33176: OrderLoader countPayments functions is called to often (once per payment)
- 33307: Unable to do login in POS Terminal with one user with two distinct roles
- 37025: Perfromance problem in incremental refresh process, with product price query
- 37300: Draft ticket without product is printed as Return receipt
- 37568: Cannot use coin keypad when Payment method belongs to a POS Payment Method Category
- 37600: Customers created in Web POS cannot be assigned to the ticket while being offline and in Remote mode
- 37705: Done button is only disabled for 1 second. So it is possible to click it twice if synchronization is slow
- 37612: Error shown while logging in using an iPad
- 37613: Error shown while trying to open a ticket using an iPad
- 37655: Logclient information can accumulate in the terminal, and be continously sent to the backend server
- 37695: Cashup invoice is not including the layaways, but it is including the canceled layaways
- 37688: Remove unneeded receipt save which causes performance problems
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Copy Store excel load: Allow Copy Retail Store to process excel file
- Initial count process: Define a limit for differences: Ability to define a limit for differences when counting the cash in the initial count process. When then the difference is above the limit the approval must be displayed asking for a reason. This is an extension of the module "POS Terminals Session Management"
- Additional info when selling a product: Ability to ask the customer for some additional info when selling a specific product
- Fast Browse: This module adds a new Browse component which is able to display large amounts of products using the available screen real state more efficiently.
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR18Q2 release. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR18Q2 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR18Q2.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.