Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR18Q3 is available
Release date: August 8th, 2018
Pack version: 1.8.3702
- Support Service Workers for offline operation: Now it's also possible to use Service Workers as an alternative to AppCache technology to support offline operation of the WebPOS. As part of this development, due to the fact that both AppCache and Service Workers already require, or will require in the very short term secure connections, the usage of HTTPS has been made mandatory in the WebPOS.
- Cancel and New Layaway: At the time a layaway is cancelled, this functionality allows to create a new ticket with the same products as the cancelled order had. The new products will have the prices and promotions updated.
This process is controlled by a new property
- Product Lifecycle Management: Now it's possible to manage the lifecycle of products, for example to take into account when products become obsolete or discontinued, or to enable the locking of their sale.
- Improvements in button disabling: The way buttons were disabled in the WebPOS has been improved to make it centralized, more reliable and robust, and to increase overall performance of the application.
- Improvements in masterdata refresh user experience: The goal of this project is to refresh master data once a ticket is finished (after payment is done). In case master data needs to be refreshed while the ticket is opened a non-intrusive warning message will be shown on the top right corner (not in SCO) explaining that after the ticket is paid the master data refreshed will be launched
- Currency Exchange Rate at Store Level: This functionality implements the ability to define a Currency Exchange Rate for certain particular Currencies at Store level (Organization). It will consist on a new tab in Organization window with the new currency exchange rates to be loaded in Web POS. If these exchange rates are used, they will be reflected in Exchange Rate tab in Sales Invoice window
- Payment methods grouping by provider: This development groups WebPOS payment methods who share the same payment provider showing only one payment button. Depending the card processed by the payment provider the appropriate payment method is added to the WebPOS receipt. This simplifies and reduces mistakes in the payment flow. The cashier is no longer responsible of selecting the correct payment method depending on the customer card. Now is the payment provider who takes this responsibility.
- Scanner should be disabled when QTY or Price button is selected: As it's not possible to distinguish between input coming from a physical keyboard and a scanner, two preferences have been introduced in the product, to allow users to configure warnings in case the price or the quantity is found to be excessive.
- 36852: Pressing Enter on keyboard when Use external input is set to false is copying and pasting the last value entered.
- 37698: Printing an order paid on credit doesn't print payment info
- 38233: Not all images are not included in Manifest
- 38337: make hardware manager compatible with java 9 - 11
- 38347: Cannot log in in the POS if a Product Characteristic is deactivated. Full refresh is failing
- 38365: Problems when trying to open a ticket without permission for that type of ticket
- 38424: Return reasons are not filled properly using select all lines button.
- 38441: The creationDate of the invoices is not set properly in the OrderLoader
- 38592: Notice the user when a terminal is doing a full refresh in the Web POS
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- CHASE Paymentech Payment Provider: Web POS payment provider for CHASE Paymentech http://www.chasepaymentech.ca/ . This development includes a Web POS module and a Hardware Manager plugin.
There are two different implementations for Canada and for US. The implemented interface is using the Ingenico iCT250 device with Ethernet interface. Includes all supported transactions by Openbravo: Payment, Refund and Void transactions.
- Sumup Payment Provider: WebPOS payment provider for Sumup https://sumup.com/ . This development includes a Web POS module and support only Android Tablets.
The implemented interface is using the Android Sumup application connected to the Sumup bluetooth device. Only payment transactions are implemented. Refunds and Void transactions are processed through the Android Sumup application
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR18Q3 release. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR18Q3 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR18Q3.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.