Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR18Q4 is available
Release date: December 12th, 2018
Pack version: 1.8.3901
- Nominal customer for blind return ticket: Ability to configure that a real customer must be mandatory when creating a blind return ticket
- Email and Phone icons: This module extends the business partner selector in WebPOS, to show the email and phone icons, in order to help the user identify what important data is missing from the customer
- Credit note and anonymous customer limitations: New functionality to forbid that the Anonymous Customer can use or create a credit note
- High POS Volumes Support: Verified returns performance: The Verified Returns selector has been refactored so that it performs properly with high volumes.
- Terminals Status information from the server.: Terminal Status information in the backoffice has been extended, and now includes more complete information about activity of the terminal, offline/online status, current user in the terminal, and a new tab which includes the history of the status of this terminal, with information about errors, and offline/online transitions.
- Improvements in product scanning user experience: The user experience when scanning products has been improved by adding visual feedback so that the user can confirm more easily that the products where included in the ticket.
- Products should not necessarily need a price in multipricelist configuration: From now on, products will not need a price in the main price list for them to be loaded in the WebPOS.
- Ability to print QR codes: Hardware Manager now supportsprinting QR codes via a new XML tag
- New print ticket template when opening a till: When opening a till, the cashier is able to put some cash in. Now it is possible to print the cash deposit made (Same as cash managements).
- Arabic Support in HWM for NCR Receipt Printer: This development adds the support in HWM to Print Arabic characters in NCR RealPOS 7197 Thermal Receipt Printer
- Assortment can be defined at POS Terminal Type level: Now it is also possible to define a specific assortment for a POS Terminal Type, which will be used instead of the one defined at the store level.
- In offline mode, current session should be preserved if it exists: Before, in offline mode, the login page was always shown when the application was refreshed. Now if a session exists, it is preserved and the application navigates to the POS window.
- 37321: If I scroll the drop down menu up, it gets stuck and shows blank.
- 38493: POS - Failure to update the Business Partner
- 38683: Wrong payment documents registered in backoffice when giving change in another currency from WebPOS
- 38727: OutDatedDataChangeException thrown when modifying a ticket updated before a time change
- 38731: Layaway price may vary when opened in another terminal
- 38770: Ticket completion should be executed fully inside the same database transaction, and currently that's not the case
- 38859: Calculations performed when cash management is done are not being managed in a transactional way
- 38894: POS is ready but master refresh process is running yet
- 38946: [RR18Q3] Error shown in WebPOS on open in iPad using Chrome
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Improvements in Combos module: Some usability improvements in the combos module have been made.
- Forgot password: This module adds a new button in the login page. Clicking this button the admin user will be able to reset the password of a user
We have set up our online demo so that it is easier for you to test the 3.0 RR18Q4 release. Check it out!
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR18Q4 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR18Q4.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.