Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR19Q1 is available
Release date: March 27th, 2019
Pack version: 1.8.4104
Maturity Status: QAA
- Product price editable: Add a new flag at product level to configure whether the price of a product can be edited or not.
This behaviour is combined with the existing preference to edit prices
- Anonymous Customer in Quotations: New flag at store level that allows or not the creation of quotations with anonymous customer
- Improvements in discretionary discount computation: Now it is possible to configure manual discounts so that they are applied before, or after automatic discounts.
- Multi-Change and Cash Rounding: In some countries it is required to provide the change in different currencies and also happens that these currencies might not have small coins. Due to this the change needs to be rounded based on previous configuration
- Validations to prevent errors related to configuration mistakes: Several validations have been added to detect configuration mistakes as early as possible, to prevent errors later on while operating the WebPOS
- Pay Open Tickets selector improvements: The Pay Open Tickets selector has been improved to support high volumes of data with good performance.
- Terminal Status further improvements: Some additional information has been added to the Terminal Status functionality, such as information about the network performance for each terminal, and the Hardware Manager version it is running
- Terminal log improvements: The WebPOS is now able to log actions executed by users and frontend process execution.
- Make configurable the length of sequence numbers for tickets per terminal: Make configurable the length of sequence numbers for tickets per terminal. Now it is hardcoded to 7
- Allow to save Sales with 1 or more negative lines as Returns: Allow to save Sales with 1 or more negative lines as Returns. Currently, if a ticket has a positive line, it will always be a Sales Order. There are certain use cases in were this type of tickets needs to be treated as Returns
- Reprint Invoices: This functionality allows to print every invoice related to a ticket directly from Web POS, using a new menu entry.
This new menu entry will open a popup which will allow the user to select one or more invoices to print, or directly print the receipt.
This menu entry will replace the current 'Print this Receipt' button for closed tickets
- Convert a Sales Order into a Quotation: New menu entry to allow to convert an order to a quotation
- Cancelled Layaway Print Template: New field in organization to define a template for the cancellation of a layaway
- Price Modification Reason: It is needed to have the possibility to set a reason for price modification as Reject Quotations or Returns Reasons.
A new window called Price Modification Reasons will have the records of this functionality. If there is any record active, this behavior will be enabled
- Second phone in WEBPOS: Add a secondary phone in WebPOS for BP
- Customer Search Key sequence by Store: New field at Organization/Store level to define a sequence for the Business Partner Search Key (only for Customers created from the WebPOS). If the sequence field is filled on a store then the customers created from the terminals of that specific store will be created using that sequence.
Otherwise the current sequencing will be used. If the system is a multiserver environment, the Customer created on all servers will have exactly the same SK
- Gift Cards - Reimburse in Different Payment Methods: This project is about to extend current Gift Cards functionality to allow reimburse Gift Card with different payment methods
- Service proposal by price range (tranche): An extension of services to define an amount tranche for a service. Only the services between those amounts will be shown during service selection in Web POS
- Deferred Services Enhancement: New functionality to improve the deferred services management. Added two buttons in WebPOS edit tab when the selected line is a deferred service to add/remove related lines
- Invoice Terms: WebPOS now supports two new invoice terms (apart from existing one "Immediate"): After delivery, and after order delivery.
- Retail Delivery Modes: This first phase of the project will deploy the infrastructure for delivery modes management. Later phases will improve configuration and operation of those delivery modes.
- Prepayments: Now it is possible to choose not to deliver certain lines in a receipt. It is also possible not to pay those lines at all, or require the customer to pay at least some amount, depending on configuration.
- Channel concept has been added: Now it is possible to define channels in Openbravo, and associate touchpoints to it. As part of this change, the windows previously named "POS Terminal" and "POS Terminal Type" have been renamed as "Channel - Touchpoint" and "Channel - Touchpoint Type"
- 38682: Count Starting Cash fail when a payment method is not count in Cash Up
- 38762: OB.DEC functions does not take the scale from the arguments
- 38779: Change payments having big difference conversion rates between currencies are created in positive when should be negative
- 39389: Incorrect grouping by ad_user_id in SQL of insert invoice headers in cash-up process
- 39409: Sales representative in Web pos is related to User in BackOffice and it should be related to Business Partner.
- 39464: Ticket completion should be executed fully inside the same database transaction
There is a vast array of modules that extend the functionality of the Openbravo Commerce Suite. These include Extensions, Connectors, Localizations, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions, and Tools.
During this release following modules were created / updated:
- Magento connector: The aim of the Openbravo connector to Magento is to enable the integration between the two systems, therefore Magento can act as another POS processing sales, but online as an "e-commerce" sales channel.
- Automatic Service Price Calculation: This module adds a post-processing function to the services filter, allowing to calculate in advance the price of a service and show it directly on the search tab
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR19Q1 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR19Q1.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.