Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR19Q1.2 is available
Release date: July 15th, 2019
Pack version: 1.8.4124
Maturity Status: CS
|This is an update which addresses some issues related to the 3.0RR19Q1 release. We always recommend to be updated to the latest available update for a release.
The full 3.0RR19Q1 Release Notes here.
- 41213: pi-mobile: update selenium to 3.141
- 40387: Two cash ups in local storage if the backoffice session is closed during the cash up
- 41216: pi-mobile: wait for process to finish or till a new popup is opened
- 40804: Login can not be completed with user without access to Cashup
- 40811: Scrim is hidden on Close Drawer Popup
- 40854: Unable to login in WebPOS if it has synchronize mode and French certificate
- 40879: When barcode is scanned in POS Terminal, the code is automatically set as lowercase.
- 41047: Deferred service not invoiced.
- 41107: Product images not loading in WebPOS Browse menu with preference “Product Images from server instead of cache” set
- 41128: QtyDelivered has changed its representation on DB
- 41145: the login in offline mode fails when the tomcat is retarted and the postgres is down
- 41159: JS Resources are not updated after doing a deployment
- 41212: Test I38194_SCORefreshMasterData is failing in quarantine
- 41214: Make tests to wait for all mobile processes to finish in each action
- 41277: PaidReceipts.checkOrderInErrorEntry is not using bind-params
Check the complete list of fixed issues and API changes.
Installation & Updates
To install and configure the Openbravo Commerce Suite, consult the Configuration Guide.
|All releases are published in the QA Approved maturity status and they are promoted to Confirmed Stable status after 2 month. The current maturity status of this release can be seen above and in this page.|
Other resources and links
- Openbravo Commerce Suite 3.0 RR19Q1.2 includes Openbravo Business Suite 3.0 PR19Q1.2.
- Get information about previous releases in the Release History page.
- Learn more about how to use Web POS in the Web POS User Guide.
Finally, we give our thanks to the Openbravo Community which continues to support us with their valuable time and knowledge.
We also thank all Openbravo users for making Openbravo a huge success.