Return Material Receipt
In this window you receive the material that has been returned from the customer
You can find it in the menu Sales management || Transactions || Return Material Receipt
Create and process a return material receipt
Once the document is ready you can process it clicking the button Complete. Following the standard the document changes from Draft to Completed
The field Invoice Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been invoiced
Notice the button Pick/Edit lines disappears when the document is in status Completed
Add or see products which are included in the receipt. Each product is shown on its own line.
The Lines tab is not editable, since the lines always come from Return from Customer lines, to avoid:
- To see positive values while are negative in the DB
- Enter lines that are not linked to return lines
- Edit attributes, products and so having either the products or attributes different than the return line
Things to consider:
- The only editable fields are:
- Receiving: Quantity you are receiving in the warehouse. This value is set by default with the pending quantity when you select the row.
- Storage bin: This value is set by default with the return bin configured in the warehouse
- Condition of the goods: You can define it at header level. In this case when picking a line it inherits what selected in the header but you can modify it as you wish
- You are not allowed to receive more quantity than the Pending quantity. In case you do it a message is shown
Return Material Receipt posting creates following accounting entries.
Posting record date: Accounting Date.
|Product COGS Return (Cost of Goods Returned) or if not defined Prodcut COGS||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per Return Material Receipt Line|
|Product Asset||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per Return Material Receipt Line|
- Activate MaterialMgmtShipmentInOut table in the Active Tables tab of General Ledger Configuration screen.
Accounting information related to the return material receipt
Full list of Return Material Receipt window fields and their descriptions is available in the Return Material Receipt Screen Reference.