Return from Customer
Return from Customer window can be found in the application path: Sales management || Transactions || Return from Customer
Create a sales order and process it when ready.
Once the Return document is accepted you can process it clicking the button Book. Following the standard the document changes from Draft to Booked
Only Booked documents can be receipt. Notice the button Pick/Edit lines disappears when the Return to customer document is in status Booked
Things to consider:
- Delivery Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been delivered
- Invoice Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been invoiced
- A new button Create credit might appear or not based on the original sales order. If the order is already invoiced then it will be present if not it won't.
Through this button you are able to invoice the return order following the standards, that is, depending on the invoice terms.
- Using this button you can also create an invoice and leave it as credit to be used later. The way to do so is:
- There is a new execution process named Leave as credit. You can configure a new payment method with this process
- If the payment method used in the Return material order has this execution process, a Reverse sales invoice is created but leaving it as credit so the credit can be later settle with another invoice
- The button Create credit is no longer shown once the document is fully invoiced
- Besides the Create credit button you can follow the standards (Invoice terms) to invoice these documents. All scenarios are covered:
- Process Generate Invoices: If the invoice terms is Customer Schedule After Delivery and you have sales orders and RMAs the process will group all in one standard Sales Invoice and not in a Reversal Sales Invoice.
- You can also use the Sales Invoice window to pick lines and either gather lines from standard sales order and return orders lines or create individual Reversal Sales Invoice for return orders
- You can also create a Return Material Sales Invoice through the Sales Invoice window and leave it as credit and later on use it. Keep in mind that this Invoice should be created with negative amounts.
Add products to be included in your sales order. Each product is added by creating a line.
The Lines tab is not editable, since the returned lines always come from shipment lines, to avoid:
- To see positive values while are negative in the DB
- Enter lines that are not linked to the original shipment line
- Edit attributes, products and so having either the products or attributes different than the shipment line
Things to consider:
- The only editable fields are:
- Returned: Quantity you wish to return. When selecting the row the quantity is not set by default since the system cannot know how many items return
- Net Unit Price: Price of the original sales order
- Return reasons: The reason why you return the item
- You can define the Return Reason at header level. In this case when picking a line it inherits what selected in the header but you can modify it as you wish
- Only Goods shipment documents that haven't been still returned can be picked it, in case a goods shipment line has been fully returned it won't be shown
- When a goods shipment line has been partially returned you can still return the rest. What you have already returned for that line is shown in the field Return Qty other RM
- You are not allowed to return more quantity than the Ship/Receipt Qty. In case you do it a message is shown
- Notice that this validation takes into account the Return Qty other RM field
A restriction has been added in Pick/Edit Lines Pick&Edit in order to prevent adding not “Returnable” service lines to Return From Customer document.
Things to consider:
- Product: It is mandatory
- Returned: The quantity is returned
- Net Unit Price: It can be left blank. In that case the system calculates the price based on the price list defined in the header of the document
- Tax: It can be left blank. In that case the system will calculate the tax
- Return reason: The reason why the good was returned
This flow (Insert orphan line) does not support products with attributes
Taxes related to the order line.
In this table the Order Lines related to an Order Line of 'Service' type are added
It has been added the possibility to select the service related to which original product lines is desired to be returned. In order to do it a new button has been added in Return From Customer Line tab. This button will be displayed when a line with a Service ‘Linked to Product’ is selected.
Is a tab similar to the one implemented under Sales Order Line window. The only difference is that the relations are created with negative values (amount, quantity), but the window has been adapted to see those values in positive (in database will be negative).
The grid implemented in this Pick&Edit is the same as used in Sales Order Line window, with a few differences:
- Related Quantity: Quantity to be related to the Service. This field is editable, it is possible to relate less quantity that the original ordered quantity, never more. If more is assigned an error will appear. This field takes into account Returned Qty Other RM field, so it will never allow to return more than ordered taking into account qty returned on another return documents. When a record is selected it automatically sets 0 in this field.
- Returned Qty Other RM: It will display the returned qty of the line on another different return documents.
- Deferred Sales: They don’t apply in this window because returns are being made, not sales.
Edit taxes applied to your order.
Payment In Plan
Payment In Details
Full list of Return from Customer window fields and their descriptions is available in the Return from Customer Screen Reference.