Return to Vendor Shipment
From this window you deliver the returned goods to the vendor
You can find it in the menu Procurement management || Transactions || Return to Vendor Shipment
Create and edit a goods receipt.
The RMA vendor ref. field is populated automatically or not based on:
- If it is filled before selecting a line then it won't be populated automatically to avoid override it
- If you select a line/s where all of them belong to the same Return to Vendor document it will be populated automatically
- If you select a line/lines but one of them belongs to a different Return to Vendor document then it won't be populated automatically
Once the document is ready you can process it clicking the button Complete. Following the standard the document changes from Draft to Completed
Notice the button Pick/Edit lines disappears when the Return to vendor document is in status Completed
To invoice these documents you must use the Purchase invoice window. All scenarios are covered:
- If the vendor sends an invoice just for that specific document you need to select a Reverse purchase invoice document type and then select the lines through the Create lines from button
- If the vendor sends an invoice with the original purchase order plus the return materials order you need to select a Purchase invoice document type and then select the lines through the Create lines from button
- If the vendor doesn't send an invoice for the return materials order but wants to keep it as credit where you can use it later you have to:
- You create a Reverse purchase invoice for this return materials
- You leave it as credit to be used later through the Payment out window
- When you create the Purchase invoice for the original Purchase order you can consume that credit
Add products which are included in your goods receipt. Each product is shown on its own line.
The Lines tab is not editable, since the lines always come from return to vendor lines, to avoid:
- To see positive values while are negative in the DB
- Enter lines that are not linked to return lines
- Edit attributes, products and so having either the products or attributes different than the return line
Things to consider:
- Editable fields are:
- Ship Qty, that value is set automatically when you select the line
- and Returned UOM, only in case alternative unit of measure (AUM) preference is enabled, regardless product's UOM is always shown there by default.
End-user can change it if required, to product's primary AUM configured for the procurement flow.
- You can only select Return to Vendor lines that are pending to be shipped to that specific vendor
- The system proposes the different storages bin from where the item can be picked. Depending how the product is configured we could have three scenarios:
- Product with an instance attribute (i.e: Serial number): The system will propose only one storage bin as it is shown above
- Product with a non-instance attribute (i.e: Colour): The system could propose several storage bins. See below image
- Product without attributes. Similar to second scenario
- You are not allowed to ship more than the Available Qty
- You are not allowed to ship more than the Pending quantity
- Following the above example (soccer ball, blue) the system also validates you cannot ship more than the Pending quantity when selecting both lines
The RTV shipment can be posted if the table "MaterialMgmtShipmentInOut" is active for accounting in the corresponding general ledger configuration
To learn more visit the Active Tables article.
Most cases the accounting manager should be the one to decide whether to post RTV shipment or not, as well as get them posted unless the background process is activated.
To learn more about the Background Process, visit Process Request.
A "RTV shipment" posting looks like:
|Product Asset||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per RTV shipment line|
|Non-Invoiced Receipts||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per RTV shipment line|
Full list of Return to Vendor Shipment window fields and their descriptions is available in the Return to Vendor Shipment Screen Reference.