The goal of the retrospective is to build a common understanding of the past sprint and learn lessons from it. What practices worked well? What do we need to improve?
- Optional: Product owner (as Chicken)
According to current timeboxing rules at Openbravo the meeting is limited to 30 minutes. We have therefore adopted a practice of collecting items from the team members before the meeting so the meeting focuses on discussing them.
- Take a joint look back at the past sprint
- What significant things happened throughout the time of the sprint?
- Arrange these events on a timeline for all the team to see
- Identify the things that worked well in this sprint
- Identify the things that did not work well in this sprint
- Split these items to improve into
- Team items: Can be improved by the team, ScrumMaster and Product owner
- Organization items: Need action from/with the outside
- Identify what needs to be done to address each of these problems
- Group items that can be addressed together
- Prioritize both Team and Organization lists: Most important items to the top
- Prioritized list of team-resolvable impediments and their next steps, added to the product backlog
- Prioritized list of organizational impediments and next steps to solve them, added to the impediment backlog on the team spreadsheet.