Services Tax India/User Documentation
This module is installed once the Professional Pack is installed.
This module contains a set of "Service Tax Codes" which populates the "ST Code List" window.
This reference data can be applied either at Client level or at Organization level as explained here: India Service Tax.
Content of the module
Once installed this module creates a new folder named "Service Tax" under India Localization menu.
To check the contents of the Service Tax sub-menu go to Financial Management -> India Localization ->Service Tax.
The Service Tax Report is....
Service Tax Report
Service Tax Report provides consolidated tax information as per the Service Tax Code.
The setup required to get valid data included in this report is:
- Apply Service Tax data set as explained here: India Service Tax.
- Create a "Service" product(s) (Product Type = Service) with a "Service Tax Code" assigned to it.
- Create a Purchase Invoice which include this Service product(s) and Complete it.
- Create a Tax Register Type for Payments and associate Service Tax Payment Lines to it. (¿?¿?¿?¿?)
Service Tax Report includes ....., therefore the source of information are purchase invoices in status "Completed" which have also been paid ¿?¿?¿, and which do include service products linked to below tax rates:
Service Tax Report can be launched by following below detailed steps:
- Login as the Administrator of your client.
- Go to Financial Management -> India Localization -> Service Tax -> Service Tax Report or just type "Service Tax Report" in the Quick Launch window.
- Select the year for which the report needs to be generated.
- The report is generated as shown below.
The output of the report is explained below:
- Heading : e.g. Business Support Services is the Service Name in ST Code List window.
- Gross Amount : Total Amount under this service including tax.
- Amt against Export: If there are any invoices related to export of this service product8s), then this is the amount paid in those invoices.
- Amt Against Exempt: If there are any invoices with this service product(s) that have tax exemption, then this shows the total amount exempted.
- Service Tax : Service Tax paid.
- Education Cess: Education Cess paid.
- Secondary and Higher Education CESS: Amount paid under this category.
- Input Tax : Total input tax paid in this month.