Simple G/L Journal
Currently in Openbravo there is a window GL Journal that allows to manually enter gl journals in the system. This window has three levels, that is, three tabs (Batch, Header and lines) and in some cases this is a pain for the end users since it might be enough with just two levels (Header and lines). Another issue that this window has is that only accounting schemas can be selected so when posting the gl journal there is only one entry in the fact_Acct table.
- Simpler window since it is not necessary to enter a batch. One level of data entry skipped
- Simpler to search journal entries. Since there is not the batch level it is possible to directly search for specific journal entries
- In this window it is possible to see journal entries that have been created using the GL Journal window, so it can be taken the advantage of searching journal entries as well
A G/L journal header can include journals which can contain several journal lines.
Important field that needs to note:
- Multi-general ledger: A flag
- If it is not marked shows General ledger field as of now
- If it is marked the system will not show the General ledger field and it won’t be taken into account for next operations
The lines tab allows to enter the journal entries of a G/L journal as well as G/L item payment related information.
One field to note:
- G/L Item: Combo where shows all G/L Items.It has a display logic and it is showed just when in the header Multi-general ledger is flagged
If Multi-general ledger is not flagged then Account field is showed instead
Accounting information related to the GL Journal
When Posting the Header:
- All accounting entries are created either with account combinations (Account) or gl item. Cannot be mixed lines
- If Multi-General Ledger is:
- Not marked: Can only select accounts that belong to just one accounting schema (defined in the header) so when posting the document there will just one journal entry. This behaviour will not change. Posting process exactly as GL Journal window
- Marked: the user selects G/L Items and since it can have different valid combinations when posting the document it will have as many entries as in different accounts it is defined the g/l item and the organization defined in the header.
The exchange rate tab allows to enter an exchange rate between the organization's general ledger currency and the currency of the G/L Journal to be used while posting the G/L Journal to the ledger.
This tab will only be displayed when Multi General Ledger is enabled.
Full list of Simple G/L Journal window fields and their descriptions is available in the Simple G/L Journal Screen Reference.