Talk:User Interface Introduction
The MobiDMS user interface is optimized for productivity. It is characterized by the following attributes:
- A. Login.
- B. Top navigation.
- C. Master & Details View
- D. Advanced Grid Functionality.
- E. Toolbar.
- F. Statusbar.
- G. User Messages.
- H. Workspace & Widgets.
You access "MobiDMS" through a Web browser.
The top navigation offers the following menus or functionalities:
- Quick Menus and Application Menu.
- Alerts: an alert is a notification that informs or warns its recipients about a critical or very important situation that has arisen.
- User Preferences.
- Log out: click button logs you out of the application. A confirmation dialog lets you confirm.
B.1. Quick Menus and Application Menu
Via the Quick Menus you can quickly launch new documents or jump to existing documents.
B.2. User Preferences
Click the MobifoneAdmin in the top navigation.
- See the Profile information as:
- Role: "Mobifone Admin - Mobifone".
- Client: "Mobifone".
- Organization: "Cty Thông Tin Di Động Mobifone".
- Warehouse: "MobiPlus".
- Language: "English(USA)".
- Checkbox "Set as default".
- Change the session options such as Role, Organization, Warehouse, Language you want to work with.
- Set your default session options.
- Set as default: checked.
- Change password.
- Current Password: enter "MobifoneAdmin".
- New Password and Confirm Password: enter "******".
C. Master & Details View
Parent and child record information is shown in the same view
- Master view: show parent record information.
- Ex: Sales Order: Business Partner, Partner Address, Order Date, Payment Method, Payment Terms ...
- Details view: show child record information.
- Ex: Sales Order: Product, UOM, Ordered Quantity, Net Unit Price, Line Net Amount, ...
C.1. Form View
A record in the grid can be opened below Form view via:
The Form view can be closed by:
- Clicking the close (X) button in the top right of the form.
- Clicking the Save&Close button in the toolbar, this is the button with the floppy disk combined with the X symbol.
C.2. Grid View
A record in the grid can be opened via:
D. Advanced Grid Functionality
D.1. Selecting Rows
Row(s) in grids can be selected as follows:
- Selecting a single row is simply done by clicking on it.
- Multiple selection is done by either ticking the checkboxes in front of the rows or using CTRL-click or SHIFT-click combinations.
In the top left of the grid, two numbers are shown. The first one indicates the number of selected rows, the second one the total number of rows in the grid.
D.2. Column Filters
On top of the columns in a grid you will find column filters. There are several types of column filters:
- Regular column filters: These are fields that are empty by default but once you start typing the first characters of a search term, the grid will be filtered in real-time.
- Date column filters: Clicking it will launch a dialog where you can set a range, for example 8 days ago till today.
- Dropdown column filters: Filters that contain a limited set of values. Just open the dropdown and select a value. From MP17 you can select more than one value to filter on.
The following symbols can be used in regular column filter fields to create more complex filter expressions.
Filters can be cleared by clicking the funnel icon in the top right of the grid.
D.3. Filtering in Selector Grids
Often, they also contain preset implicit filters that can be cleared by clicking the funnel icon. Typical cases where selectors are used are business partner and product selection.
- C1: Clicking on a column header.
- C2: Click right mouse on the the column header and choose "Sort Ascending" or "Sort Descending".
D.5. Grid Summaries
To set a summary function click on the column header context menu and go into the 'Set Summary Function' submenu. And click on Valid summary functions are: sum, avg, min, max, count .
You can remove the summary row by clicking on the "Remove Summary Functions" or "Clear Summary Functions" option in the column context menu.
D.6. Exporting grid content to a spreadsheet
The Toolbar contains two types of buttons: Action buttons (green) and Process buttons (orange).
The action buttons perform the following actions:
The statusbar conveys the editing status of the document (New, Editing or Saved) together with a user-defined set of read-only attributes. On the right side of the statusbar the following buttons are available:
|Go to next record|
|Go to previous record|
|Restore form to previous size|
|Close form (save and return to grid)|
G. User Messages
User Messages are displayed centrally and their function is to inform or warn the user about some occurring situation in the application. There are four different types of user messages.
The messages can be hidden by clicking the little X icon in the top right of the message.
H. Workspace & Widgets
To add widgets, simply click the Add Widget>> link in the left column in the workspace and select from the library.