Tax Report Launcher/User documentation
Tax report modules
Tax report modules are extension modules that load details of the taxes for a particular locale into Openbravo ERP. See the localization page of the wiki for the status of tax modules in your locale.
Tax report launcher
The tax report launcher enables you to create and submit tax report forms from within Openbravo ERP. You can input the data required on a particular tax form and generate a text file which you can then submit to the goverment either as hard copy or electronically.
The tax report launcher is available as a module that you can download from the Openbravo forge and implement in the usual way. If you are a developer wishing to create tax report modules, consult the developer's guide and localization process documentation.
Using the tax report launcher to generate a report
- From the Application menu, select Financial Management > Accounting > Analysis Tools > Tax Report Launcher.
- From the Report list, select the report you reqire.
- Select the Organization for which you want to generate the tax report. To generate tax reports for an organization, the organization must be an organization type which is a legal entity with accounting.
- Select the accounting schema you want to use for the tax report. You can select the organization's own accounting schema, or an accounting schema from a parent organization.
- Select a calendar. By default the system sets the organization's calendar, but you can select any other calendar. This is specially useful when your organization's calendar is not based on natural years (from January to December), but the report you are launching requires natural years and periods.
- From the Year list, select the financial year for which you want to create the report.
- From the Period list, select the period for which you want to create the report. For example, if the report has been configured to be submitted at the end of each quarter, you can select the correct quarter from the list.
- Click Input Parameters. The Tax Launcher Input Parameters window appears, displaying fields for the information necessary to complete the report. The fields that appear depend on the setup of the tax report.
- Complete each of the fields.
- In the File Name field, give the report a file name.
- Click Generate Electronic File.
- A message appears asking if you want to view or save the file. Select the Save option and specify a file location.
Setting up tax reports
To enable use of the tax report launcher, you must download and install the following modules:
- Tax report launcher module.
- Individual report modules for the tax reports that you intend to use.
- The transaction code and tax key modules.
Once you have installed the necessary modules, you must then associate the tax rates with tax report parameters.
Transaction codes represent transaction on which VAT is payable, for example a goods purchase. There are two default transactions codes in Openbravo ERP; E for sales transactions and A for purchase transactions. Transaction codes are packaged as a module which you can download and apply in the usual way.
Tax keys and subkeys (Spain Only)
The Spanish tax system designates a specific set of letters to each type of income (for example P represents income from rented property). Tax keys and subkeys are packaged as a module which you can download from the Openbravo Forge and apply in the usual way.
Associating a tax rate with a tax parameter
- From the Application menu select Financial Management > Accounting > Setup > Tax Rate.
- In grid view, select the tax rate that you want to associate with a tax parameter.
- Select the Tax Parameter tab.
- From the Tax Report Parameter list, select the parameter you want to associate with the tax rate.
- Click Save.
You should provide a role with the following access in order him to be able to launch a report in this window:
- Tax Report Launcher (Role - Report and Process Access tab)
- OBTL_SE_TaxLauncher (Role - Form Access tab)