Create orders tracking product sales to customers.
The Sales Order window allows to register sales related documents with different purposes which is regulated by the Transaction Document field. Depending on the chosen value, the consequences when booking the sales order will be different. These are the types of sales order documents that are available:
- Standard Order. When the transaction document is standard upon booking of the document there is no additional documents created. Goods shipment and sales invoice still have to be created (compare it with the below documents)
- POS Order. The Point of Sale order is for the situation when a customer walks into a shop, orders a product, pays for it and takes the product home. Upon booking of the sales order with this document type, the shipment and the sales invoice are created automatically.
- Warehouse Order. A warehouse order is used for the situation where the good shipment takes place at the time that the sales order is booked (for example, customer is taking goods right away directly from the warehouse).
Create a sales order and process it when ready.
The sales order Header lists the main terms and conditions related to the customer order that will be used in the heading of its printed copy and further in its shipment and invoicing process.
It is possible to create new Standard Sales Order, Warehouse and POS Orders as a conversion from an existing Sales Quotation
While creating a new sales order in this window:
in majority of the cases main (and the only) field needed to create a new sales transaction document is the Business Partner field. All other fields are automatically populated based on the selected Business Partner, logged in User preferences and other system default parameters.
Some other fields to note are:
- Scheduled Delivery Date: indicates the date that the order should be shipped to the customer. Defaulted to the current date.
- Warehouse: indicates from which warehouse an order must be shipped. Defaulted to the session value from the top navigation User Preferences menu.
- Delivery Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been delivered
- Invoice Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been invoiced
- Reservation Status: Defines whether the sales order is fully reserved (all lines fully reserved) or partially reserved.
- Payment Status: indicates in % how much of the total of the order has been paid.
Below fields are defaulted according to the Customer and Location tabs of the Business Partner window.
- Payment Method: indicates how an order (and generated from it invoice) should be paid.
- Payment Terms: defines when a sales invoice generated from this order needs to be paid.
- Invoice Terms: defines how a Business Partner is invoiced and the frequency of invoicing. Is used by an automated processes: Generate Invoices and Create Invoices from Orders and by Create Lines From button in the Sales Invoice. Different Invoice Terms are:
- After Delivery: products of the sales order are invoiced as soon as they are shipped, for example, if there is partial shipment of the order it is invoiced. In this case several sales invoices might be created for one sales order corresponding to all goods shipped before each invoicing run.
- After order Delivered: the invoice will be generated after all products on the sales order have been shipped, so one order - one invoice.
- Customer Schedule After Delivery: instead of sending out invoices each time any sales order product gets delivered, - one invoice is created that is combining the different deliveries for a certain customer according to the defined schedule (weekly or monthly on a particular day). Please visit Invoice Schedule window to learn more.
- Do Not Invoice: no invoice will be generated automatically. Normally used when there is some external event that triggers creation of the invoice (for example, the VIP customer tells that it is okay to do so).
- Immediate: the invoice will be generated with the next run of the automated generation of invoices regardless of whether any shipment of ordered products took place or not.
- Sales Representative: sales person responsible for the customer in the order. It is normally used to reflect the person who booked the order.
- Invoice Address: address that will be used upon generating an invoice.
- Delivery Location: address that will be used when generating a shipment. If it is not specified Partner Address field will be used.
There are 3 ways of entering lines into a sales order:
- Copying selected products from a history of products ordered by this customer using the Copy Lines button.
- Copying all products from the chosen order selected in the history of all orders for different business partners using the Copy from Order button.
- Manually, line by line, obviously in the Lines tab.
Sales order prepayment
Once a sales order is booked, it is possible to prepay an order by using the process button "Add Payment". Openbravo shows "Add Payment" window.
Same as described for Sales Invoice Payment, this window allows to fully or partially prepaid the order created more than once, and even pay other orders and/or invoices at the same time.
It is also possible to add any type of expense related to the payment of that order as a G/L item and even use available credit previously generated for the customer.
Once all of that is properly fulfilled, the payment can be processed or processed and deposit from the financial account.
It is important to remark that the sales invoice created from the order will inherit the payment done for the order.
Cancel and Replace
Once a sales order is booked, a new button is displayed in Sales Order named as "Cancel and Replace". This functionality will be hidden by default. In order to enable it, there is a preference called "Enable Cancel and Replace" that will be needed to activate.
Cancel and Replace (C&R from now) is a new functionality which closes a booked sales order and creates and replaces the order with a new copy of it in "Draft" status. This process simulates the functionality of modifying a booked ticket, allowing to modify the existing lines quantities, add new lines and remove lines from the new ticket (except for the already delivered units).
Clicking on that button and after confirming the action, a new order is generated and loaded in draft status. This order is the order that will replace the previous one when the process of Cancel and Replace is confirmed.
1) The order is in draft status.
2) The document number of the generated order is the same document number than the original order, but adding a ‘-1’ at the end of it. If this new order gets replaced in a future, its document number would be the same number but with ‘-2’, and so on.
3) A new button appears with name "Confirm Cancel and Replace" for this order. After doing the desired changes in the draft order, the user must click on this button to complete the C&R process (close the original order, create the inverse order and book the new one).
At this point (before clicking on the confirmation button) the user is able to modify the order, adding or removing lines or changing the quantity of them.
Is important to remark that a line that has previously delivered units cannot be removed or its quantity cannot be lowered down to the delivered quantity. Otherwise, the user can add new units without any problem.
Confirm Cancel and Replace process
After clicking on the confirmation button the C&R process will be finished. The old order is closed and the inverse order is created being a copy of the original order but in negative. The lines will be exactly as the original lines, but also with negative quantities.
As happens with the new generated order, the document number is the same than the original order but adding a ‘*R*’ at the end of it.
1) Negative quantities for the inverse order and lines.
2) Document number generated for the inverse order.
The new order will be set to book status, maintaining the changes done by the user. In this example an avalanche transceiver unit has been removed and an insect repellent has been added.
Add products to be included in your sales order. Each product is added by creating a line.
Lines tab lists each product ordered and its characteristics.
Fields to note:
- Attribute Set Value: field is displayed if the product in the line has attributes (color, size, serial number or several of them together etc).
- Discount: indicates the discount applied as a percentage of the List Price.
- Invoiced Quantity and Delivered Quantity: are shown on the Status Bar when the line with a product is saved and get updated when an invoice or shipment related to this line is issued.
- Warehouse Rule: Definition of a Warehouse Rule to be applied when the goods shipment is automatically generated. This rule overwrites any one defined in the warehouse. If no warehouse rule is defined in the sales order, the rule defined in warehouse is applied.
Explode button is shown when selecting a line with a non-stockable BOM product and the product has not already been exploded. When exploding a product, the bill of materials components the selected product consist of are shown in the order. Once you have explode it, you cannot comprime it. You should delete all the lines (first bill of materials components and then the BOM product), and insert again the non-stockable BOM product.
Book button completes the sales order when all the products are entered. If there are non-stocable BOM products and they have not been exploded, the Book process will explode them.
Close button actions closes an order, which implies that :
- no further actions can happen but to prepay that order if applicable, if a fully delivered sales order is closed
- ordered quantity changes to delivered quantity and no further actions can happen but to prepay that order, if a partially delivered sales order is closed
- ordered quantity changes to 0 and no further actions can happen, if a not delivered sales order is closed
Warehouse Rule implementation examples
Example 1 You have defined two on hand warehouses for an organization. Warehouse North (priority 10): Unique Attribute warehouse rule
- Storage bin N0: 45 uds
- Storage bin N1: 30 uds
Warehouse South (priority 20)
- Storage bin S0: 12 uds
- Storage bin S1: 65 uds
Create a sales order with quantity 60 and warehouse rule Unique Storage Bin. Book the sales order. Go to create shipments from order and select the newly created sales order. Process it and you will have a good shipment with 60uds taken from Warehouse South-Storage bin S1.
Example 2 You have defined two on hand warehouses for an organization. Warehouse North (priority 10): Unique Attribute warehouse rule
- Storage bin N0:
- 10 uds lotA
- 20 uds lotB
- Storage bin N1:
- 15 uds lotA
- 15 uds lotB
Warehouse South (priority 20)
- Storage bin S0:
- 5 uds lotA
- 12 uds lotB
- Storage bin S1:
- 20 uds lotA
- 25 uds lotB
Note:lotA and lotB are instance attributes for the same product. Create a sales order with quantity 22. Complete the sales order. Go to "create shipments from order" and select the newly created sales order. Process it and you will have a good shipment with 2 lines:
- 10uds from Warehouse North - storage bin N0
- 12uds from Warehouse North - storage bin N1
Sales Order lines can be reserved when the sales order is booked and is pending to deliver.
Fields to be noted:
- Stock Reservation: Defines if it desired to automatically reserve the sales order line when it is booked. Available values are:
- Manual: No reservation needs to be generated automatically. So when the order is booked you manually create the reservation
- Automatic: The reservation is automatically created and processed, reserving the available stock.
- Reservation Status: Defines whether the line is Fully Reserved or Partially Reserved or Not Reserved.
Manage Reservation pick and execute
Using the Manage Reservation button is possible to open a Pick and Execute window to create and modify reservation for the Sales Order Line. The grid shows all the available stock that can be delivered and the pending to receive purchase orders.
In the grid it is possible to select and set the desired quantity on any available stock. There are validations to avoid setting quantities higher than the available for the specific stock or than the ordered quantity. The Done button will create and process a reservation if none exists with the selected options, note that if the reservation does not exists and the Done button is pressed without selecting any stock or selecting a quantity below the ordered quantity, when the reservation is processed the system will reserve the remaining quantity with the available stock. If a reservation already exists the reserved stock will appear automatically selected and the Done button will update the reservation with the changes done. It is also possible to flag a stock as allocated.
Taxes related to the order line.
Line Tax read-only tab details taxes information for each line of a sales order based on its Tax field which is automatically pre-filled according to the Taxes Setup.
Lists information about discounts automatically applied and / or manually entered for the document.
Edit taxes applied to your order.
Summarizes tax related information for the whole sales order. Contains as many records as tax rates used in the order.
Payment In Plan
Shows the total amount expected to be collected upon order booking as well as the amount/s pre-paid or paid against the invoice/s for the order.
Shows total payment amount expected for the order and its fulfillment. This tab is read-only and is populated after processing the document.
Please visit Commons Section for more details.
Payment In Details
Displays the details of the payments (pre-payments or regular payments) received for the order or for the invoice/s of the order.
Displays the details of the payments (pre-payments or regular ones) received for the order.